email to Harold

I apolgize, I repent, I'm sorry /

I didn't read any responses to my 'hatemongers' post this morning, but I sincerely apologize, Harold, for using the forum as a few others use it. Please feel free to delete it if you think that will ease a gradual return to peace on the forum.

Best Wishes.

Targaped

Re: email to Harold

i believe the hatemongers topic turned into a discussion about weezers new album

don't forget underground hip hop...

oh yea, that shit was awesome.

yea man. it makes that mainstream radio shit look like straight garbage son. :)

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Hrm, looks like his account is gone.

This one time my boss caught a donut that a guy threw at him from on top of a cherry picker. For catching it her got 2 tickets to Journey and Peter Frampton, but he couldn't go, so I got them. If you ever want to be around a lot of sad middle aged people trying to relive their youth, go to a Journey and Peter Frampton concert. If I paid for the tickets, I think I would've shot myself.

Yeah! true that! I've been listening to the "old skool hipp hop channel" on the free HD radio you can stream on your computer, but its only 2 mixes and they alternate every other day. I can tel time by what song is on, every now anf then I switch it up with old country music and the undies(independant underground) channel. Its still better than listening to FM radio

mpr's 89.3 the current is really good for radio in minneapolis. i rarely listen to anything else on the radio.

I am a proud member of CMU public radio. Night Side Jazz FTW!

BryAn eurism /

What no love for 'Maladroit'?

oh geez. I was the one who turned the hatemongers thread into a Weezer thread, but even i'll start trolling if we have two off-topic threads both go off-topic about the same thing.

I think we should use this thread to talk about different opinions on various local public radio stations. I have to say, I REALLY like Selected Shorts on Sunday afternoons.

Weezer...wasn't that the group that died on the Windows 95 install disc?

Journey and Peter Frampton are great, just like Pink Floyd. And I believe I saw a reference to Bob Dylan a while back. Slightly before my time, but I have all his stuff. Hip hop and rap crap are totally ghetto, like something that came out of a sewer. Everybody likes the music from their time, problem is, teenagers today don't have any music. Do you really think that when teenagers today are middle aged, they will still be listening to what they are listening to today? JMO. Peace. Jerry.

Oh, yes, those crazy teens today. "Hip hop and rap crap are totally ghetto" what does that even mean?

But honestly my day is complete knowing Jerry listens to Journey. And I am not knocking you on this one. I just love aspect of this scrap of information.

I've been listening to a lot of different stuff lately. You can check out my hype machine page to see what I've marked as loved tracks lately and listen to them if you're interested. It's a really random selection, but it is stuff I like.

http://hypem.com/Rustyrobot

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

"pink floyd is pure shit.":http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

jerry, nobody cares what you think of hip hop or rap.

peace. vic

stick some Bill skillz in your ear. Teaching class, each and every Sunday, on wvkr in poughkeepsie. Live web cast on wvkr.org

Bill digs super deep into the crates, old school style

Don't forget about Car Talk! Hey do you remember last week's puzzler ?

Do they still have _Sounds Eclectic_ on sunday nights?

I love that!

I must have missed an interesting thread. You need to repent to Harold? Pick up some really old shit. Did you know that the Rolling Stones' "Love in Vain" was a Robert Johnson tune. Did you know that Cream's "Crossroads" was a Robert Johnson tune. You are probably asking yourself, "Who in the fuck are the Rolling Stones, or Who in the fuck is the Cream"?

If you have to ask yourself "Who in the fuck is Robert Johnson"? You need to go back & do your homework.

Yeah, but Ry Cooders incredible mandolin playing on the Stones version of Love in Vain is incredible, and in all due repects, along with the incredible arrangement and musicianship, elevates it to a different level.

Many people surpirse me with that "ah the shit that kids listen to is crap " rhetoric. I think they are missing some of the incredible diveristy of stuff that kids are listening too. Maybe not all kids, i dont wanna hear some of that stuff, but hey , when you old dudes had the stones ( haha i can only kinda say that ) you also had the bay city rollers and a whold bunch of shit that was bogus.

As always , the pop shit that gets on your nerves is gonna be a bit crap. But somewhere a 15 year old is listening to something different, something new, and its grooving. And im pretty sure it aint top 40.

I went to a billly idol concert last year. It was pathetic. He couldnt even move. I guess he later claimed it was because of the altitude. (denver). But he seriously diddnt move, he barley even sang. Everyone just left. People were laughing at him. He was gettting all upset and was like "im trying as hard as I can ok"

BryAn eurism /

Billy who? Post- Steve Stevens all the noteworthy things he did can be summed up in a cameo in 'the Doors' ( Glad I read Manzarek's autobio. He was there while Oliver Stone wasn't) and pulling a Gary Busey on his Harley. Funny since he is shown taking off a black fullface in 'White Wedding'

* the more outlandish instances in the early 90s where all the poodle head shredders cited Robert Johnson as a major influence. About as much as Ralph Macchio (Karate Kid) could wail

Manfred Mann's "Blinded By the Light" is actually a Bruce Springsteen cover. How weird is that?

kim jensen /

Last time I saw Billy one-hit Idol he was on Letterman, still taking his shirt off!

The classics are still the best as music has been floundring around without a distinctive "new" sound for years!

The problem with rap and hip hop is it is missing one of the three key ingredients to music, namely - melody!

You can't hum a rap song!

And yes Robert Johnson is pretty much forrunner of all rock, blues and jazz!

Nothiong beats Dark Side of the Moon!

kbj

"The problem with rap and hip hop is it is missing one of the three key ingredients to music, namely

LOL Dancing to "Money" in 7/8

and I haven't read these

the repentant targaped /

Because I don't want to be tempted to respond in anger, I haven't read any of these responses because they will definitely be of a personal nature and some of them will be nasty. I also haven't read any responses on any topic which might be of a personal nature. I'm through with defending myself, mostly because I did nothing which needed defense, but also because it's just too time consuming, tiring, and depressing to see how people, including myself, can react. I'm free! I'm free! Hallelujah God Almighty I'm free!

Re: and I haven't read these

What about my thesis on late 70's Rock -

The pervasive arguement that, in fact,

Reo Speedwagon

Styx

Supertramp

Air Supply

......were actually just one band with a kinda fat looking , piano playing dude singing sensitive shit while like 7 bearded guitar playeters and a really , really tall bass player kinda slogged along?