Rage away, Hatemongers

While we real ones ride /

Enough said.

Re: Rage away, Hatemongers

What does everyone think of the Weezer's Red Album?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble rabble

Weezer's Red Album = not as good as the older stuff. Nothing will ever top the blue album in my mind, and Pinkerton is genius.

man I just put the blue album on the other day. that was classic. took me back to high scool days.

Which album had "Buddy Holly" on it? I love how that video was packaged with Windows '95

on a different note.

also for all you underground hip-hop heads. check out

http://www.beatbasement.com I seriously listen to this for hours on end.

Blue Album. I remember watching that video. Yeah, vic, that album was amazing. I would say Buddy Holly is one of the top 10 songs of the 90's. It's so perfectly written.

Re: Run away, seamonsters

that video was fantastic. happy days ftw!

Re: on a different note.

Thanks VIC, I need this in my life, awesome!

while the red album isn't nearly as good as blue, or pinkerton, it's definitely a throwback to that style. make believe was pale in comparison to all their previous efforts, and i think red sounded much better and more like the old stuff.

i love me some underground hip hop. the local scene in minneapolis is really great.

weezer only had two records. the blue album and pinkerton. everything else was just a bad bad dream. i mean come on, the guy who wrote my "name is jonas" and "pink triangle" could never write something is stupid as "hash pipe". never happened, its just not possible.

atbabel did you go to SoundSet 08? That was one of the best shows i've been to, Aesop Rock killed it, and it was the first time I got to see Dilated Peoples and they were amazing.

i would have...

but i was raging too hard at mopedageddon.

check it, doomtree blowout 3, one of the best shows i've been to this year.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm not in love with the Red Album, but I think that "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" is one of their best songs of all time. Just all the little things that make Weezer catchy rolled up into one Bohemian-Rhapsody-esque Opus.

Looking back, the Blue Album was pretty corny too... when I was twelve the line "What's with these homies dissin' my girl, why do they gotta front?" introduced me (and probably most of the MA members over 25) to the concept of white kids talking like rappers for the sake of irony.

Back in a time when hipsters all talked like pretentious assholes a-la "Reality Bites", Weezer made it hip to be a square once more.

the more i listen to the Red Album, the more I find it's kinda like the Anti-Pinkerton: again it's a whole album of Rivers just pouring out what's in his heart, nowadays though, he's happier and just kinda likes to poke fun at hollywood and reminisce about "the good ol' days".

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

PINKERTON FOREVER!

exactly.

fans of weezer, check out OZMA. a lot of their stuff reminds me of weezer, and they toured with weezer way back when weezer had some sort of survey on who the fans wanted to tour with them.

this song doesn't particularily show their weezer influence, but it's definitely a good one:

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ozma used to be a weezer cover band... a lot of people wrote them off early on because they sounded like they were trying to sound like weezer. I think their newer stuff has merit though.

i'm not sure about the weezer cover bit, but i can understand that people thought they sounded too much like them.

i love almost all of their stuff, they have the most quirky, punny, lyrics. also, they connect the songs in their album really well.

their newest album, "pasadena" is really great though.

Rage away, Hatemongers

ozma, weezer, the rentals, nerf herder.. these are some of the bands that help me live

:-D

5 points for dean.

« Go to Topic — end of thread