Pinto or Trac

After trying for days to get in contact with a single tomos dealer (one dealer in miami literally hung up on me when I said I wanted a moped, it was weird), I realized that my friend works on mopeds and has several for sale. Right now he has a 78 Pinto and an old Trac, not sure the model (its white, oil injection, electric start, has 17k on it) that i'm interested in. If anyone has experience with these what would you say is the better moped. He said they're both going for around $300 - $350. They're currently not running so I can't test them out but he seems to know what he's doing. Cosmetically the Pinto looks to be in great shape, the Trac not so much...

PS I rode his Targa lx and man that was a fun ride. Got up to 42 mph. I was really wanting a Tomos but if these other mopeds aren't half bad then I wouldn't feel bad paying $350 for one.

thanks

Re: Pinto or Trac

Pinto. No question.

YOU ARE A FOOL IF YOU BUY THE TRAC!!! Really the Pinto is the way to go.

Ok so Pintos are good bikes then?

He said he got it up to about 25 mph. I was really looking for something i could take on roads and not have to hold up traffic. Are parts hard to find for a Pinto, like a bigger sprocket in the back? And could I put a biturbo on there?

The Pinto is a re named puch. You can built it to out run traffic... like most.

Pintos are sweet. Get the pinto. You can do incredible things to an e50 engine.

agree

My pinto goes 58mph.

yeah dude, the pinto. it has a puch engine in it, and you can do more to those than your can a tomos engine even.

Yep. More upgrades than I want to list. The E50 is just such a great engine.

Mikerafter, what did you do to get that top speed?

And is this the right biturbo for the pinto: http://www.mopedsonline.com/cgi-bin/shopper.exe?preadd=action&key=MOL542500

Thanks everyone. I secured the Pinto. Said he should have it running within the week.

but the trac has oil injection and electric start

man you dont have to pedal it or mix

dont buy from that online store

you can get better pipes (or that one) for like 70bucks

treatshq (on ebay)

1977mopeds.com

there are more parts for that engine than anything else.

yeah the puch E50 is like the chevy 350 you can get pretty much anything you want for either and its readily available

And when it brakes you won't need to peddle or pre mix. Since part for the Trac are hard to come by. Great if you find one running and the top tanks are cool looking, But looks don't get you from point a to point b

PINTO!! Period. Best, and best looking, moped ever made, except for a Moby. IF you know how to fix it and get it going. Pintos use the common Puch engine, most reliable moped engine ever made, except possibly the Tomos A35, and '06 and up A55. Peace. Jerry.

sadly yes the trac is dead. My first moped was a trac and was running. when things whent sour i whent to the only moped shop around me and the guy was a trac dealer saddly he barely had anyparts. He had enough but not enough to fix a whole engine. didnt have any extra pipes or anything.

BUT the pinto has tons of parts thanks to the puchs popularity. So that would be a better choice expecially if you want to supe it up or its not running. TONS of after market parts for that e50... Happy Trails... I'm excited for your new puch...

-Mary

So how about this one: Pinto or Tomos Sprint?

The guy who's working on the Pinto is being a douche. He's very hard to get a hold of and I am very impulsive. He told me he'd have it running last week. I bet if I managed to get a hold of him he'd tell me he hasn't even touched it yet.

I found a Tomos dealer pretty close to where I live. I'm thinking of just coughing up the grand and getting a sprint.

Timmy Southpark /

nope, get the pinto even if you end up fixing it yourself. Pintos are like most peoples dream bikes... the fish jumped into the boat, whack it with your ore dammit!

I like my 08' Sprint. It's plush.

Pinto for sure.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account