Pinto or Trac

Taylor /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

After trying for days to get in contact with a single tomos dealer (one dealer in miami literally hung up on me when I said I wanted a moped, it was weird), I realized that my friend works on mopeds and has several for sale. Right now he has a 78 Pinto and an old Trac, not sure the model (its white, oil injection, electric start, has 17k on it) that i'm interested in. If anyone has experience with these what would you say is the better moped. He said they're both going for around $300 - $350. They're currently not running so I can't test them out but he seems to know what he's doing. Cosmetically the Pinto looks to be in great shape, the Trac not so much...

PS I rode his Targa lx and man that was a fun ride. Got up to 42 mph. I was really wanting a Tomos but if these other mopeds aren't half bad then I wouldn't feel bad paying $350 for one.

thanks

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account