Re: The great debate

Nope...fruit! It has seeds inside.

a green pepper has seeds inside too, fruity!tabpat wrote:

>

> Nope...fruit! It has seeds inside.

justin carter wilmore /

FRUIT! peppers are fruits too! as well as: pumpkins, jalepenos, cucumbers, and anything else that has seeds

vegetable is not a technical term. all plant produce is "vegetable" (that includes bananas, almonds, etc).

but anything w/ seeds inside is a fruit. that includes the tomato, the peppers, members of the gourd family (pumpkin, etc) which are related to the melon family.

look it up in the dictionary. opinions don't change facts.

I stand corrected.

When I think of a nice piece of fruit, I never think of having a nice bell pepper or cucumber.

So, peppers are fruit too. That must mean the whole jalapeno family is fruit as well.... those are some mean fruits!!!

Kevin-- Why did you start this thread?

It's a good one--- just wondering what gave you the idea....

all those "Define Moped" threads??

Well the define moped threads gave me the inspiration for the title. The rest. . . well there is a spirited bunch at this site who would probably argue, or at least express their opinion on any subject, so I decided to open up the tomato - fruit or vegetable debate. I just wanted to see what the response would be.

david f martin /

Now wait a minute.

Does an jalepeno pepper fall under The Fruit Army definition of a fruit?

It sure doesn't LOOK like a fruit to me.

david

lol i think its safe 2 say this is an off topic message....its a fruit.

One can always count on this board's posters to come up with creative spelling interpretations. We've got three different spellings of the word "vegetable" here.

david f martin /

I like "vagatable" myself... reminds me of a song... ("She don't like meat, but she sure likes the bone")

david

Fred....

.....fruit or vegetable?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account