550 mile day on my MB5

Saturday I attempted to ride the LakeErieLoop on my MB%. It's a 650+ mile charitry ride in 1 day. I was pretty much on schedule having made it from Wellington, Ohio to Welland, Ontario when I found out my son had been involved in a crash with his Suzuki SV650 and an SUV. He'll have surgery on his leg to afix rods and pins at the Buffalo trauma center on Monday morning. At that point I headed to the hospital, dealt with that fiasco, then went back to Wellington. Although I didn't complete the loop, I did do 550 miles on the MB5 in one day. Top speed was 54.6, down hill with a wind. I was able to ride over 250 miles on the stock tank and the auxillary 2.5 gallon tank I have fixed to a luggage rack.

Some time later this summer I plan to do the loop on my own - just because.

Re: 550 mile day on my MB5

no problems? my MB5 cant handle long-term hard riding that well. seems to have a problem with it. i went 80 miles on the MB5 yesterday, but took it kinda easy for most of it.

Crazy man, is your son alright?

As a father, it's hard to believe you just went back after what happened to your son. If something like that happened to one of my kids, I would have stayed with them. You can ride anytime, your kids are more important. Way more important.

this is a site for mopeds not fatherhood.

i dont tell you how to wipe your ass do

fold the toilet paper twice, three times if its runny for the first couple of wipes

WTF AJ?

damn why does someone have to knock what dude did? i would probably do the same thing. Me being in the hospital for a surgery, which i can't do anything if i am there, or rididng to raise money for charity? hmmmmmm let me think?

The reason I went back was to get my motorhome to travel from Wellington back yo Buffalo to pick him (and his bike) up after the surgery. I got every impression they would be doing the surgery right away, but they scheduled it for Monday AM> Were getting ready to head back there now. We're also taking his wife back with us to be with him.

The point I was trying to make was about riding 550 miles in one day on a 50cc bike, not to get fatherhood lessons from someone who obviously has no experience in fatherhood.

Thats rad dude, any thing brake on your mb5? Also, shitty about your boy, but hey non life threatening injurys are just lessons learned.

My grizzled WW2 vet uncle told me this was the most efficient way to wipe your butt:

1. Take one square and tear out a circular hole in the middle.

2. Put your finger through the hole and wipe yourself with the paper and your finger.

3. Use the remaining center scrap of paper to clean under your fingernail.

Oh my god...

Nothing broke on the MB5. I had to change a plug and adjust the air screw mixture. Once I did that it ran much better. The bike is totally stock. The right rear turn signal lens vibrated off. Oh yeah, I think my ass is completely welded shut from sitting so long. Also, I installed a small 1/4 fairing from an old Kawasaki I had, and an additional 2.5 gallon auxillary gas tank for longer distance between gas stops.

Hey Bill

I hope your boy is o.k.

I went for a ride on between Dunnville On. and Simcoe On. , looking for Lake Erie Loopers, and I did see at least 4 , but I didnt see you .Maybe next year .

Rick

I was heading west out of Ft. Erie when I came upon the crash just south of Welland. My son was heading east from Windsor, so we were going in opposite directions. I probably didn't make it far enough west to see you.

yeah , you did say that you were going to be travelling west thru on. , but I thought you meant east cause the Lake Erie Loop website said the route was , cross at Detroit and head to Buffalo .

Doh!!

Rick

John Joedicke /

Sorry about the accident Bill. The Ontario group let me know about the LEL results and your son. Was going to do it but am off to the Dragon in 24 and felt my butt wouldn't stand it. We will be at the next one. did I hear a rumour of one in October?

Yes, but it's a bit different. Watch the LEL yahoo group for details.

That's the great thing about the loop, you can go any way you want. There's no route, only verifiable checkpoints done by gas/food receipts. I will probably be doing my own "loop" later this summer. I'll just head out and do it on a day that seems good for a long ride on a small bike.

My son made it through his surgery just fine, He now has a titanium rod and 3 screws in his right lower leg. He's able to get around quite easily on his crutches and the insurance adjuster will be out Monday to assess the bike. He's already looking to next year - cautiously! Thanks for all your well wishes.

« Go to Topic — end of thread