Does JB weld work at high temps?

Ok, I love jb weld, but my ? is does it work at engine style temps. I need to attach a FA50 header to a technigas next expansion chamber. I think they are different kinds of metal, and I don't have access to a tig welder. So I was thinking just like slather a tube of JB all up in a section of sleeve pipe, and connect the two ends. Would this work, at least in theory? I thought the little leak I had in my puch exhaust got done in by some jb, but upon closer inspection, it seems that some left over 2 cycle oil is slowly seeping through some small ring crack or something. So, anyone with more JB EXP points than me let me know the deal.

Re: Does JB weld work at high temps?

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

does madtown mick make 3 threads a day? yes he does.

No body makes you read them ass hole. I'm asking questions and answering them whenever possible. I thought thats what this was all about, helping people whenever you can and getting help when you need it. You can go fuck yourself. Besides, I have like a bunch of shit going on right now with my hobbies because its the slow season for me at work, so you can suck a herpified dick, trying to shit on someone for trying to buy parts and get advice on repairs, fuck you. Ask anyone I've dealt with, I'm prompt and fair, so excuse me if I post a couple threads a day, its not like I'm shitting on or flaming anyone, so if you want to turn this site into high school and go around saying so and so does this, you do this, I do that, fine, go ahead. I;m here to get my shit done.

So you are trying to hold an exhaust header onto an exhaust?

If that's the question I think it would probably work, but would be kinda rigged and end up cracking again.

You'll probably have to redo it evert year or so to keep it's integrity.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

HOLY SHIT DUDE! did you notice the * in there? means JOKE jerk. sheesh. was so important i put two of them in there! thats our was of noting sarcasm dude. chill out jeez.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

wow now that i see it i realize not only did my not show up but for some reason its in bold. sorry dude, it was supposed to have a before and after it. sorry! weird!

toe fur threadkiller /

josh....hahahaha....

look to the right of the box that you will type in to reply to this.

your joke-denoting punctuation is actually code for bold on mopedarmy.com

madtown, theirs this tape.. im not quite sure what the tape is called but i know its like $5-7 at autozone and looks like aluminum..and is used for exhaust work.. i used it for a temporary fix but feel it would work for a longterm fix too.. ill look for it online -GL

it's advertised as a fix for cracked engine blocks, so at least in theory...

I'm currently riding with a JB Welded flywheel.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

HA! woops! thats great. now i understand why i was called a "herpafied dick". hey madtown, no hard feelins bro. apperantly the jokes on ME!

Haha this faggot won't get in a argument with an older guy who will tell him off but he'll try to fight with me.

DA INTURNEYT IZ SERIUS BIZNUSS!! HURRRR!!

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

oh thats not the case at all zack. i like madtown and was trying to joke with him. your a pre pubesent poser that doesnt even ride a moped,but at least your vocabulary is fitting for an 8th grader, so why dont you get back to your hannah montana records and go play with the other children. this is a GROWN UPS conversation. now brush your teeth and scoot to bed sport.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

besides, everyones older to you zack.

I've tried the jb weld on the exhaust. I used it to "weld" the flange to the header on my express. It worked for 50 miles or so, but the temperature just got too hot. It started to charr and eventually I could flake it off with a screwdriver. It would work if it was atleast halfway down the header, but right by the engine, no dice. I also tried to use this metal paste you get in a little jar. That worked for a few more miles but started to flake off. In the end I just had it welded. Joe

yes it will work i have done it a few times

i even used jb to hole my exhaust on my motobecane when the threads stripped out

fix anything with jb weld best glue ever invented

So I don't ride a moped huh? So you're saying all the time spent working on and riding around on my buddy's Tomos makes up for nothing,huh? Well that's disappointing,I guess all that hard work was a figment of my imagination. It's ironic to me that you told me to learn to fix my moped when you where the one having one of the MA regs build your moped for you. That gives me the noting that you're the poser good sir. You like to refer to age very much,for a guy in his twenties I expected better behavior from you.

Maybe you just can't get ahead in an argument that's with a guy older than 16 :-/

hay i am just haveing a friend who is smart with this stuff help me i said hay i need to attach these to together hes like mmmmmmm it will be easier to make a new one out of the same metal i am like sweet (he has the nicest shop in his garage i have seen that isn't a business so he can make any thing)

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

yeah awful nice of him to do seeing as how i was horribly injured and couldnt do it myself. but yeah i guess the other 3 mobys i built dont count all the sudden? OH right, the other 3 mobys. that i own. that i fixed. that i ride. unlike you. the "my friend has a moped" poser

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

nah as far as age goes, like every other adult, we dont take sass from the kids table. you were the one that started this whole stupid thing by calling me a retard for no apperent reason. so whos acting thier age here? yeah, the 14yo.

Too bad you didn't happen to die in your accident. You'd be doing us all a favor so we wouldn't have to read your shitty attempts at being funny.

Anyway,you can click on my profile,you see my moped. You see that it's old and needs a new top end. I wouldn't be talking if I didn't but since I do,and it's under construction, (And in fact,mine.) I'll go ahead and deny the assumption that I'm a 'poser'.

I was responding to your faggoty poem.

But if I really hurt your feelings by calling you a retard I guess I'll turn the heat down for you.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

I've always resented you for not dieing, Motobrokane.....

Gah, I hope you go away soon, frankenbike... If I have to change my name to keep from being mistaken as a troll, I'll... well I'll be annoyed at least.

Mostly posting because this was something I was thinking about doing (with a 50cc scooter I keep talking about flipping). Got a pipe that fits the mounting locations, but needs to have the header cut/re-welded. I'd hoped to do it with JB, because that doesn't involve the sadness that is bringing this crappy ElieteLX to a muffler shop.. Guess I might have to bow down and do it anyways. Though some people seem to have had luck with it, so maybe altering the mixture will achieve different results?

Oh, and a bit of trivia: J B Weld is an adhesive, not a glue. Who knows the difference?

Sorry man but I'm not going anywhere.I'm not a troll I'm here for the same reason anyone else is,to enjoy building and riding mopeds.

If I get into a few arguments with a fuckwit or two so be it.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

holy shit two people wishing i would die? damn. that hurts zach spoke. thought we were cool what with trying to go to motion left together. damn. doesnt bother me to have a playground snot talk shit but a spokesman? ...crap dude that sucks.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

Nono, I don't want you to die now, I'm just mad at you for not doing so when you had the.... damn man, sarcasm?

Though now I'm going to have to glare at you and shake my head at the rallies... At first you'll wonder what you did to deserve such a glare, but then, then! It will all make sense!

MadtownMick, I hope you can work your problem through. My comments have nothing to do with your topic as I know nothing about JB Weld.

Continues...

I ain't flaming anybody in this thread, but sometimes it's better to be thought of as a fool rather than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

This is 2008! You don't call people out of their name and you don't talk down to them, no matter your age or theirs. If somebody ever called me a retard on this board they might get a knock on their door in the middle of the fucking night.

Some people just might not get your wry twisted sense of humor on this board and take offense to it, that's why I took the picture of the Scotsman with his bare arse exposed from under his kilt from my profile - because someone didn't get my wry twisted sense of humor. I don't want to offend anybody. I'm here to get answers and help where I am able.

It all comes back dude!

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

WHEW! im glad to hear that spoke. i heart you too.when you come to the sf rally you got a couch to crash on bro!

ok madtown supposedly jb weld can hold toghter an catapillar engine block so i hope it would hold your header and exaust. ive never used it on a moped but it did hold the exaust manifold together on my honda civic so i hope that helps. it should hold them.

And to the stupid drama people.....STFU and relax and go ride mopeds.

« Go to Topic — end of thread