Pics of my newly finished Magnum Project

Re: Pics of my newly finished Magnum Project

Nice work man, love that seat!

Very Nice ,I like the way you left the fender bracket on the front looks real cool

Very nice!!!

specs?

Looks great.

did you do the seat yourself? If so, I would like to know details.

Nice work! Looks great.

I just ordered one of those speedo's to simpify my magnum too, thought it would look great. It does!

Fender bracket makes the bike way more predictable.

Those xk forks can be kinda unpredictable unfettered.

My radical girlfriend made it for me. I bought the materials and she sewed it up. She also bondo'd and painted the tank.

I heard the front forks aren't stable without it, so I figured that I better throw it on... Thanks.

that is so pretty.

how does she do in action?

Also, my only critique is if you're going to spend so much time and money and stuff to make it so sexy...get unrusty pedals.

Bitchin! especially the bondo-ing girlfriend, she def does sound way radical. cincy is pimp.

See post to Roberto about the seat...

The motor was on my Maxi prior to this. I just swapped it all over to the Magnum frame. Harness and everything.

E50 w/ 70cc Airsal

15mm Bing carb and intake

90 main jet which is a little rich. I'm going to move it down to an 88. 16

high flow filter

16 tooth front sprocket/ 45 tooth rear

Cimati City Bike head light

Korado Tail light (I think?) mounted under the rear tail plastic piece.

Adjustable rear shocks from Benji

cafe bars from Benji

Maxi levers, switches and harness

Cafe Seat by radical GF

Puch Decals from ebay...

Metalflake Silver Krylon Paint for tank and plastic

Flat black grill paint for frame, forks and swingarm

That's what I heard as well.

Actually, I didn't spend a lot of money. Only time. I got my Puch for 250 bucks 4 years ago. It needed some work, but wasn't bad. Then I picked up this 85 maxi for 75 bucks from some older guy that garaged it.

I basically just stripped the Maxi and did some paint work.

As far as the pedals go. I have new petals for it, but I decided that I like the originals better, and I actually like the petina of aged metal on old bikes.

I wasn't going for pretty. I was going for rugged and I think I acheived it. I'm pretty stoked on this Magnum.

In action? It's getting up to 42-43 MPH and climbs hills well. This was when I had the motor on the Maxi.

With the added weight, who knows? I'll find out tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to get gas in it.

She's a RISD grad, super creative and handy shop class kinda girl... I don't deserve her, but whatev!

Hahaha she's a RISD grad. Great School.

Ya those forks are mental unfettered. as in like , unpredictable wierd. Brace looks better anyway.

Hey man. thats bad ass. its very similar to what im doing with my magnum project. I love that seat. Im going to have to find someone to do that for me.

where did you get that brake light at? im going to use one like that.

maaaaan that looks so good.

That seat is awesome!

I did a double take on this, because one of the Apocalypse Ponies just finished a bike that looks a little like yours! It like how those decals look on the magnums.

I hope that's the name of your moped club... :) Thanks dude.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

nice job..how do you seal flat black? me and a friend have been trying to figure that out since clear coat will put a gloss on it. a couple drips of gas and his paint was done.

boring

Brian Mikami /

Dig it!

That seat looks really amazing. My only grip would be the petals, and to somehow run the fuel line more along the lines of the bike.

WTF is up with the purple triple tree on that thing Comando?

Also, sell me those 5-stars if you're just going to leave them unshod like that :-)

i'm literally working on it right now.... just painted, purple was the shops accident but i like it now i need a purple seat!

You can clear coat it, then sand it to dull it... I didn't clear coat mine though. Grill paint is pretty tough though and I didn't seal it. I'll just hit it again.

Yer gay. My magnum makes your magnum look pussy. :)

And by yer gay, I mean, yer gay. You coming to our moped rally?

Damn, well done chris.

Maybe one of these days I will stop just working on my motor and make the rest of my magnum not so janky.......no probably not.

Pics of my newly finished Magnum Project

Ballin yo! You were talking about this build at WKRP2. Glad it got finished. Looks rad too!