O/T Is it just me or is I.E. better than firefox?

I have used mozilla ever since it came out when all the other browsers were basically crap. however recently I have noticed that IE works alot better that Firefox most of the time, sometimes firefox doesn't respond to certain submit buttons and gets stuck or won't open a link, as iin it clicks and at the bottom of the page some things flash up then it says done and nothing happend. If i thrn then switch to IE it always works.

the error r not often but it seems like firefox is no better than IE, does it have better spam filtering, privacy controls?

What gives? if firefox still any good or is it just a brand name now?

any thoughts or suggestions to other browsers etc.

Re: O/T Is it just me or is I.E. better than firef

my firefox runs great, I HATE HATE HATE using IE, and not just caust its MS stuff,

Ie is crap it crashes all the time and if your running a bootleg copy of window it cant be upgraded , I dont think maybe Im wrong

safari and opera are the way to go shits fast

but im also running macbook

opera is my number 2 alternative

i may be the only other person you find who supports you, elliot. Firefox does absolutely nothing for me. IE is fast, efficient, easy, functional, and streamlined. A lot like a moped, minus the fast part.

I support Firefox.

It isn't bloated with all the unnecessary crap IE has that works in conjunction with windows.

What OS are you running Elliot?

Do you have Fasterfox plugin installed?

Plus the IE interface is just way to Toy's R Us 'ish for me. Firefox GUI is simple, thats how I like it.

im running xp on a brand new dell precision m6300, it came with absolutely no extra software (not even windows media player) for IE to link up too. no bundles nothing its strictly a work computer.

I downloaded firefox cuz thats what i have always used. but i'm starting to wonder why. On my homebuilt Asus intel 3.4 p4 tower iv'e never had any issues with firefox but on the dell its a bit buggy.

I use IE at work and at school as it has never had any problems,also the latest versions look almost identical to firefox sadly without the ability to put my bookmarks on the top tab. firefox however does not always work correctly and i find myself switching to IE when it happens.

Andy r u saying I need a separate plug in to make firefox run better? i'd rather not use IE but it just seems better these days.

the drifter /

i dont think your webbrowser influences how fast your internet is. try updating you firefox, i use firefox and like how it blocks pop ups.

its brand new..... if u read my post and btw its very very fast on this machine, so is IE.

Firefox requires you to clear cookies a decent amount that could be the problem. I have mine set up to clear all cookies when ever i close my browser

you have to update firefox it fixes bugs

lol @ these damn ppl suggesting updating. SHHHHH

Are there particular websites you are having trouble with?

Like you said, Firefox worked fine for you before. I don't see why it shouldnt on your brand new sick laptop.

The plugin I mentioned doesn't fix the little problems but it does make webpages load faster. Although thats not going to help you right now. Just nice to have. lol

Well if you have the latest version of firefox and its still giving you shit, get the IE tab plugin if you keep finding yourself bringing up a seperate IE window to navigate certain pages.

You just run firefox as normal, but when you want to open a new tab, theres an option to run an "IE tab" which will do all the things IE will that firefox won't.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

Best solution I got for you right now to make life a bit easier.

Hope that helps.

I use I.E., I used to use Netscape years ago, and had more problems with it than I.E., then tried Firefox, still had problems, went back to I.E. It's not perfect for sure, but it's the best I've ever used. Of course, I'm all legal, have the latest edition, with Windows XP Pro, and all the updates. If you've got everything all rigged, no wonder you're having problems. Peace. Jerry.

I found the latest update to Firefox to be very buggy so I went back to my older version. IE is greatly improved in the latest version but still is a lumbering behemoth. With a high-speed connection either should be fine however with Dial -up Firefox was a lot better. The best thing wit Firefox is the spell check, though I imagine the new IE must have it by now. My computers are all dual boot Linux/Windows. Most everyday activities are done on my beloved Ubuntu, but for gaming and a few other things Windows is the way to go.

It's just you :D

safari ftw!

(but it's on my macbook pro, so you know)

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

so i use internet explorer to get online. what the hell is firefox?

yuck, i had to use IE yesterday to be able to run some stupid online media player. IE is so fucking annoying and slow and kept having pop-ups even though pop-up blocker was on. firefox forever!

I prefer IE, it seems slightly smoother to me but both browsers have minor problems. What I don't get is people who are so vehement about Firefox supposedly being better. Its a pretty negligible difference either way.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

oh! the IE is internet explorer! holy shit. i am E-tarded

thx for all the input guys i am gonna try the IE plugin tab to see if that helps when i hit certain pages, mainly i was having troubles here but not the login page some pages in while uploading some of my portfolio work, (don't think u can see it if ur not a member of that site) switched to IE worked like a charm.

sidenote, anyone who uses an autodesk prodcuts and is still a student can get many of them (including alias 2009, maybe maya, i think autocad) for free on a student licence so if ur using a ripped off version this one will be new updated and not have bugs (well cracked vers bugs lol) it should work for a year at least, kinda cool since the software is hella expensive.

oh also my comp literally came with no extras not even microsoft word (argh) is that shit free? or is there somthing better?

Safari with Pithhelmet plugin

« Go to Topic — end of thread