Rob's Hershey PA Ride Moped Madness

Jerry Franek /

Thanks to Rob for a cool day. Lovely ride, 25 nice bikes and folks. All the Mobys did fine, though one Riverside threw a chain. A few gas shortages, however, as the advertised 40+ ride was 56 miles. Brian fashioned a vice grip manually operated throttle for half the ride. Chris from MWH didn't have to repair anything and it sure was nice to see Mopedlar. He says he's picked up 5 mph on all his bikes. Lost 20 pounds. Would get a few more if he'd clean the rust off the Cimatti. Herding cats is easier than getting a group pic of mopeders. I sent all my pics to Rob-see his site.

1212953079_p1040677.jpg

The Mopedlar

Jerry Franek /

Lost his hair working on Mobys I guess.

1212953270_p1040673.jpg

Jerry Franek /

My 50V with a new Dell15 and 58 jet worked surprisingly well with 92F and 90% humidity.

1212953467_p1040671.jpg

Jerry Franek /

Brian says "Vice grips...don't leave home without them."

1212953584_p1040678.jpg

Re: Rob's Hershey PA Ride Moped Madness

Big Thanks to Rob for a great ride! This was great see everybody and the weather ( to sunny for me) was great. See the classic vintage Mobys, gerillis, derbis, tomos and minarelli running through scenic Hershey. JOYOUS !!!!

Thanks to all for coming out and enjoying 50+ country miles & free ice cream. I had a great birthday. We WILL do this again.

Larry brought me the most incredible blue B-day gift that I could ever imagine. It's just too cool for words.

Nice 1st photo of Chris by the way.

damn, I wanted to make it this weekend but my derbi was acting up. :(

I think all of the Derbis were acting up a little and not running 100%. I think there were 4 Derbis, including a DS50 Start scooter. I thought I was the only person that had one of those.

hell of a ride..

the ride was great.. cuz it was the last leg of my kit break in..

i threw on the 21mm carb. and intake. and im going 20miles an hour faster

that guy bought that derbi scooter.. brand new.. and has had it for 20 years.. never gave him a problem till that day.

me and mrs skywriter had a good time and even though our moby only did 22 flat out........it didnt miss a beat, ran perfect the whole time, just slow as shit..my pinto ran great too and other than the intake coming loose and having to make a roadside repair, not bad for a bike that i slapped a top end on the night before the ride....and just guessed at a jet size

Yeah fun times and lots of sunburn wooo hooo. double thanks to Rob for letting me borrow a bike as my car was filled to the brim with bikes I bought from him and Larry....and thus I couldn't bring any of my own.

If it's that hot and sunny next year, I will hand out a Redest Lobster Award.

Drew, are you ready for a fast ride somewhere? I might be able to hang with you Mod'ers.

dude im 4 shades reddder..

rob you can hang... def.. especially if you rock that 2 speed noi.

i think im running lean with a 92 jet.. but im getting an uni filter tommorow so we will see.

The LTD will remain stock. I'm taking my time putting it back together and fixing a couple little things.

I'll get out a cheater or a small cycle so I can compete with you Leola Dudes.

Looks like ya'll had a decent group.

Somehow I never made it to this, even when I lived in PA.

P.S. I love how PA is the epicenter of Garelli, thanks to Rob and Drew. Next time I visit I want to pull my Monza out and do a Garelli exclusive ride.

dude.. im gunna name my kid garelli

That's funny...

The REAL reason that Garelli's are around here is becuase of Jay (the REAL Garelli Kid) at the Lawn Care Equipment Center in Martindale. You guys would love talking to him about when he helped his father sell this stuff new back in the day. He had a lot of Garelli dealer wisdom in his head.

Rob I am so sorry i couldn't make it out. I told my boss as soon as you posted the date that i could not work that day, so he scheduled me for a 12 hour shift. i almost just didn't show up, but i need the job too bad. i want to go out there so if you guys ride again let me know a couple of weeks in advance. hopefully my maxi will be up to par by then

Sorry to hear. Brandon has Friday evening Mechanicsbirg rides, Drew may have another Lancaster Ride, and perhaps Dustin will schedule another Gettysburg Battlefield Ride soon.

The TMI Scooter Club also meets in Camp Hill every Wednesday night to ride somewhere for dinner. Sometimes they scrap dinner and just ride more. That's where you may find me next.

Other than a couple close friends, I've actually given up on the in-town Hershey based locals with mopeds. No one ever shows up when you try to schedule time to ride somewhere. Of the 26 at the ride, only about 4 live in Hershey or Palmyra.

Wow, good looking garelli, maybe I'll make it out next year....

Looks like a fun time.

Nice to see Garellli's making a stand!

Rob,

Is Jay a Mennonite fellow? I think he came and looked at my first Monza, the gold second gen, the one that ended up going to NJ and getting abused.

Looks Great Rob. Sure wish we could've been there. Would have like to see Larry again too.

Too many rides, too little vacation time.

48 hours till we leave for the Dragon.

Moe

late July is going to be the date for the Gettysburg ride, i still need to pick a day

yeah had an awesome time...next year we need to schedule in swimming at that lake or at the creek we stopped by. and friday nights may turn to sat or sun nights. and we are moing operations to dillsburg...so you york kida better make it out. thanks again rob. awesome time.

Steve, that's Jay alright. He still has a couple gold GT's, a GS LTD, and and Avanti kickstart or 2 around in his personal collection. Everything else is gone.

Post ride update

Hey all

Once again Big thank you to Rob for a super ride. Both my bike are down now Minarelli has intake problems and the Tomos a leaking petcock.. It going to be a while until they are fixed. The doctor told my today I got 2nd degree sun burn on my hands. SHIT! Next time I'll wear my socks on my hands or sun screen with spf Nuclear flash.

Re: Post ride update

« Go to Topic — end of thread