Puch 1.5 horse top speed?

I just finished a Puch Newport for a friend with a 1.5 horse e50 and it goes about 20mph on flat ground, i tried the search but came up with nothing and was wondering if this is about right? my only other Puch experience is with a 2.0 and it does 30. The carb is spotless, the tranny whines more than my 2.0 and stutters a little at 1/4 or so throttle but not wide open, the motor doesnt wind up very fast but doesnt seem to four stoke.

thanks

johnny

Re: Puch 1.5 horse top speed?

what size carb? jet? air filter? are three any restriction washers or nuts in the intakes? what about your exhaust, is it restircted in any way?

Sounds to me like both those bikes are effed up

did you clean out the main jet with an orifice cleaner or similar tool? Ever since I bought one of those I've taken it to every bike I own, what a huge difference it makes!

um yaaaa..... so i forgot about the exhaust decarbonization.....DOOOHHH gained 4 to 5 mph, still only does 25 at best, 12mm bing, no washer in exhaust, didnt check the intake but its so damn small i cant imagine it being restricted even further ( and yet ive been wrong many a time before)

I dont have an orifice tool small enough, i have some torch tip cleaners but none so little and i dont want to force one and change the jet size by filing it out accidentally, what do you use? a smaller set of torch tip cleaners?

The 2.0 Puch only went down the street one in stock mode and did 30, metra and a techno from treats fixed that so i never had to decarbon the exhaust or fiddlefuck with the bing ( still trying to get the dellorto right though )

Thanks for the help, next time ill try pulling my head a little further from my ass so i can see better!

thanks

johnny

« Go to Topic — end of thread