Jawa x25 info needed.....

Hey Folks,

I just got my first moped. a 1981 jawa x25. I am looking for the service manual and owners manual for this. Also, any good parts suppliers? so far, Ive had to flush the tank, and chisel the rust out of the petcock, and make a gasket for said unit (this stopped the fuel leaking out the petcock) Now, Its onto the leaking carb (which I think was my fault for opening up the float bowl to empty it) Anyone know if a carb kit is available? It does run though! And runs pretty good for having a full tank of non stabilized fuel in it for 17 years. Lastly, top speed is only 20mph. I have the carb adjusted right, and am running the right mix, only thing I can think of is, the engine is getting up there in age....ODO says 975 miles. Any thoughts would be great.

-ErinR

Re: Jawa x25 info needed.....

I'm not sure if this will help or not....

"Clicky":http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=17

SOOOO you are a luthier! WAY cool, I'd love to see some of your work!!

Please let me be your friend, as I am in love with my guitars!

---_DeeZy_

Deezy,

Thats more than I had yesterday. If you could email me that link, that would be most helpful. The only photos I have of my stuff are on a Myspace page. Lookup randolphguitar That should bring up my page. oh yeah....My email addy is lexluthier72@yahoo.com Thanks.

-ErinR

Jawa stuff is cool/strange/hard to find parts for.

Sounds like it runs pretty well considering the issues you describe. Try replacing crummy gas with fresh gas (mixed 50:1 with decent oil). I'm pretty sure Dellorto carbs fit perfect.

George Smith /

jawas call for 32:1 oil mix...50:1 and they seize...

And dellorto only fit using a modified puch intake...

If you're only going about 20 there are a few minor things that should be checked...

1. Do you have airfilter/airbox in place...If not you get too much air, run lean and only go about 20...

2. Could have a slightly plugged exhaust, it happens...So check it and pull out baffle if necessary and clean out all the baffle ports carefully...

3. You are an unlucky soul who has the big gear on the rear wheel and can only go about 20-25 tops, but you can climb hills like no tomorrow...

wiring diagrams and general info is at www.jawa.com

oops make that www.jawamoped.com

« Go to Topic — end of thread