WAAAYYYYY OFF TOPIC

Anyone know what kind of chemical will eat up a walnut ?Enzymes or acid or bacteria , anything that will break down a walnut. I'm open to any suggestions except a squirrell.

Re: WAAAYYYYY OFF TOPIC

stomach acid

toss it in your moped tank

:)

How fast does it need to happen? Peace. Jerry.

Hard to crack? /

H2O - yes .. water will eat up a walnut .. given time. Are you in a hurry? If so, what's your hurry? "The world is too rushed," Pipkin said as he laid down for a nap after eating his fill of walnuts. Just then a mopled came towards his tree at full throttle, missed the curve, hit the gravel, slid into the tree, knocking ripe walnuts onto the helmetless head of the moped rider. "Knock, Knock, Knock," the walnuts asked the rider. "Who's there?" the rider asked just before slipping into unconsciousness. "Walnuts telling you to slow down and wear your helmet," the walnuts replied. "The world is too rushed," Squirrel Pipkin said as again closed his eyes.

hum im going to go with a hydrogen bomb,l or sulfuris acid. or better yet how about a chipmunk?

well its kinda wedged into a swimming pool skimmer P V C pipe and yeah pretty quick would be nice . like a few days maybe a little more. I have one soaking in muratic acid now but it looks like a no go so far.

A nutty story, from a real nut.

Depending on the size of the PVC pipe, and how far it is from the end, you might knock it out, or break it up with a small drain cleaning snake. As far as something to dissolve it, sulfuric acid is all I can think of. It would happen pretty fast, if you could get full strength acid directly in contact with the walnut. Peace. Jerry.

What about a shop vac?

Draino

wait is this like a walnut from a tree, like pulpy outside, then shell, then inside nutty goodness?

Thats gonna take a while.

you might also worry that whats eating the walnut might be eating the inside of the pvc pipe. EEK

allready used a compresser and a high volume blower and a drain jet and a fish tape and some regular wire too. pushed both ways but still no budge. Wedged about 15 inches past a 90 fitting

Lye and sulphuric acid both eat wood but not PVC or ABS

that sounds like a good ideal but we are talking about using one or the other right or are you sayn to mix these togather?

thanks Jack I will try that

try throwing a handful of termites in there.

just get roto rooter to fix it they have all the equipment

if you can reach the pipe, like it's not inside a wall or concrete or anything I'd probably replace the chunk of pipe.

Blow it out y'r ear /

Hook your moped exhaust to the other end of the pipe and rev 'er up .. pretend you're on the highway, and blow 'er out, man.

Don't use a chemical unless you want it in your pool water. If I understand you correctly , It's on an inlet pipe leading to your suction pump . Is the pump turned off before any attempt of removal?? Can you vent the suction end to the atmosphere ? Can you access the other end of the pipe ? I had a similar situation on my neighbors pool - He didn't vent to the atmosphere - any attempt at blowing the body out - in this case a diving toy- failed as water pressure needed to be overcome first before any pressure could do anything . Bottom line was we held his son's paintball gun to the pump end and vented the skimmer end with garden hose and blew the toy out . Don't connect or clamp the gun to the pipe as you don't want to blow up the pipe . The thick pipe handles 600 psi but the CO2 is waaay above that so let it leak - the blast should pretty much do what you want - chemical free.

i have always used a good machete (thank u Indonesia) but in your case i would not use chemicals unless u r fine with them getting in what ever the pipe goes to i would try an air compressor some duct tape and a funnel or just replace the tube

go to the hardware store and get a long ass wood screw.

well in chemistry class they always taught us 'like dissolves like'.

walnuts are really oily so maybe some kind of vegetable oil would dissolve it eventually.

to solve your problem though, i like the wood screw idea; get a long screw driver and attach a wire or string to the screw. drill it in a couple times and yank.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account