Peugeot with dellorto carb...need info

its sputtering pretty much all the time, dies while idling after an abrupt stop. Also I was told it may need a different jet, if so what size do I need? Any helpful info would be useful.

Re: Peugeot with dellorto carb...need info

Also if it helps its a 102.

Kind of hard to say, it depends on some factors. My advice is to buy 50-70 and just find the right one.

A different jet depends on a few factors. Is it all stock? Carb, exhaust and cylinder? If it's all stock then the jet is the correct jet for the mill. If everything is stock then you've probably got some foreign object clogging up your jet. Pull the carb, clean the bowl and carb filter. Put a filter between the petcock and the carb. Pull the petcock and make certain its filter isn't clogged.

If none of the above and it's been modified, cylinder, piston, exhaust, etc., trial and error, you've probably just got to mess around with the jetting. Main jets are usually under 7 bucks and you might want to get 3-5 of them close in size to what is already in it.

My two cents.

Note: DON'T SOAK ANY NEOPRENE O-RINGS, WASHERS, OR GASKETS IN CARB CLEANER!!! They'll turn into silly putty shit and become useless. DON'T SOAK THE PETCOCK IN CARB CLEANER - you'll ruin the neoprene washer in it!!!

only part of it that isn't stock, is the carb itself which I got off an old garelli 2 speed, that of any use?

Before i rip into the carb, how do i tell what the current size is? is it numbered? It would be good to know my starting point

yes they are numbered.

all of the passageways (intake) downstream of the carb need to be the same or larger than the diameter of the carb. Then do jetting. Use a dremel like tool

I am fairly certain it is, but could you clarify somewhat? I think I may know what you mean, but it wouldn't be possible as the intake on a 102 is about 5 or 6 inches long, I couldn't do the whole inside of it, how do I know if they are in fact lining up? I used a micrometer to be sure it was the same diameter.

14.12 on a 102? If it was a 103 I would say, with no filter, 56-60. But I don't know 102s.

If you are handy you can fashion a new intake from copper plumbing parts and solder. If you have the 14/12 carb you are cool but if you have the 15 you better make a larger intake

its a 14.12

what needs to be done?

« Go to Topic — end of thread