Will one of theose trunk bike racks hold a maxi?

Just wondering if anyone tried to use them for a moped.If I get a rack made for three bikes will the weight be ok?

Re: Will one of theose trunk bike racks hold a max

The weight limit is 100 pounds How much does a puch weigh?

depends.. there are a lot of those racks out there. the one i have seems strained with two bicycles on it, not to mention that it is designed to place the weight onto the seems of my trunk. it's a lame design. a moped would rip the back of my car off.

fish_SHARK /

no

No. All of them that I've ever seen, even the name brands, are pretty much junk. I saw someone destroy about $4000 worth of mountain bikes with one of these things, when they hit a bump in the road at an intersection, the rack came loose, and they dragged the bikes down the street for several hundred feet. It was a really sickening sound, hearing those expensive bikes dragging on the street. Peace. Jerry.

the guy i bought my maxi from said he put two on his rack and they were fine, it looked like a pretty nice rack tho.

The trailer hitch mounted one's would work...

You can get trailer hitch motorcycle carriers, where the wheels fit in carrier, that would work. I used one for my 175cc dirt bike until I found a cheap truck. Peace. Jerry.

one of the new york guys at the kzoo rally (he stayed at andy searls house) had one he used. didn't seem to have any problems with it. maybe he'll chime in.

« Go to Topic — end of thread