convince me, to remove my oil injection.

first off. a year old 2008 TOMOS Streetmate R

what is a good way to tell if it is working every time i ride?

ive already siezed my kit pretty bad, and i am throwing it back on toady. normally, during the break in i run pre-mix, along with the oil injection to be safe.

alot of people posting on here seem to think oil injection is a bad idea.

my opinion is, if it starts to fail, get rip of it, but if it seems to be working good, why not?

should i just get rid of it?

thanks~SABAT!

1212860935_murph_003.jpg

Re: convince me, to remove my oil injection.

No, just keep that shit, the likelihood of a new oil injection system failing is pretty slim, and if it does fail, it should still be under warranty??!!

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

Not if he kitted it!

I hope this post gets as ugly as the last injection one.

mee too.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

Why you east coast kids always starting shit?

That's right, I made a crazy bad generalization.

You cant really tell if its injecting oil. Better to stick with pre mix

i figure touch it, and feel if its pumping, and always check for air in the lines.

I kept mine before kitting it, but after you kit it you wont be getting the proper ratio anymore. It's much simpler to just take it out and get the right ratio (which in my opinion should probably be a little richer than 40:1 anyway for the illusive "break in" period) plus the extra storage space is real nice. it made the perfect nook for an extra spark plug, couple tools, some bungie cords, etc.

But yea the main argument would be that you shouldn't use it with a kit since the system does nothing to adjust to it.

Its good for a stock bike with like a pipe and new gearing, but thats if you check it every time you get ready to ride and when your done riding to see if the oil went down any.

if you have a kit on it, get rid of the oil injection. it's not designed to deliver enough oil for a larger displacement motor. if you have the stock top end on it, leave the injection. 08 tomos injection is awesome.

Yep, what dean said!

No need to remove it /

Even most of the die hard of the few 'remove the injector' posters admit the only real reason to remove it is to relieve themselves from anxiety, and they also admit that with proper maintenance and diligence in watching for wear the injector should not fail. Most seizures seem to be from not remembering to fill the reservoir. If injectors were not dependable then snowmobile makers, watercraft manufacturers, etc. would not use them. There is some question about the rubber 'clutch' connector with the Tomos A55 engine, one poster said it is failure prone at about 500 miles .. something to watch out for .. but no word from any totally authoritative sources, or from Tomos itself. I'm sure if Tomos suspected the clutch was weak it would replace it, as Tomos does not want their reputation ruined when Chinese manufacturers are coming on so strong. The injectors save a lot of hassle, potential fuel spills and mismeasurement, etc. .. and mixing is not easy on a long road trip. That's my take on it.

So what your saying is, it's kinda hard to add oil when you gas up? hmmm

First off, I have written about a million words on how bad the Tomos oil injection system is, and why. Hopefully, I have convinced at least one person to remove it. It is a POS system, and sucks big time. It will destroy your engine, kitted or stock. But I am not going to write another 1000 words about it. Use the search function. Peace. Jerry.

The pump connector is a metal (steel?) flat on the end of the pump shaft that fits into a slot in a metal nut that holds the flywheel on. I don't see any rubber parts.

Raymond Wright IV /

are those the stock shocks?

how fast is that thing?

and did you change the back sprocket?

You have to actually remove the entire flywheel cover to see it. I thought for a long time that the pump ran directly off the end of the crankshaft, and still don't understand why it wouldn't, but it doesn't, as I found out when I removed the flywheel cover. There is a coupler. Peace. Jerry.

No need to remove it /

Hard to add oil while gassing? Besides the potential for spillage? Unthorough mixing? Wrong measurement because each time you gas up there's a difference in quantity in the tank? Inconvenience for those waiting to gas their vehicles? Not really much bother if you gas up once a month .. but what if you're on a trip, gassing up twice a day for weeks on end .. or even for a couple days at a time? Injectors are on tens of millions of modern engines. But . . if a person doesn't trust the technology, that's their choice.

No need to remove it /

That's true for the A35 engine .. but I'm told the A55 (2008) has the metal 'clutch' replaced with a rubber one.

Hard to add? When I was fifteen I used to have to put gas and oil in my moped 2 or 3 times a day. At the gas station, after filling up. Never had a mixing problem. Never was to confused to measure. If a 15 year old can do it with all the pot I used to smoke then anyone should be able to accomplish such a simple task. I put ten thousand miles on that bike. And I never owned a gas can.

I see it like this. I like Chinese food. I go to Chinese restaurants quite often. Most of the Chinese people there are using chopsticks, but they do have spoons and forks for people like me. Despite the fact that spoons and forks work much better, and are generally easier to use, and are available, all these people continue to do it the hard way. Why? I don't know. But I suspect it is the same basic reason why some moped owners insist on mixing in the tank, even though gas cans are cheap, readily available, and it is so much easier and more accurate to do it that way. Peace. Jerry.

no, i used these on one of my magnums, i got these off 50cc.nl theyre slightly too tall. but plenty stiff.

the stock ones were still nice tho, and 3 way ajustable.

i am running a 24 in the rear.

technigas

66 jet

bigger infuser

bigger idle jet

fabricated a intake silencer.

uni pod air filter.

removed head gasket and added another thin base gasket.

generally i cruise at 40. 45 ish down hills, maybe somewhere in that area.

i just saved my kit, i siezed the shit out of it. need to clean up cylinder and piston, new rings ect.

gonna get some bigger jets before i try and break it in again tho.

Weed this guy out! /

Yeah, well, them was the days, buddy.

Holy Chow, Mopedman. /

Will Soy Sauce work in the oil reservoir? Or tranny? Or on the chain? Must ask Number One Son .. but hey .. some people think I think I am number one son .. Taraped funny name for Chinese man though .. might as well ask self though. Will Soy Sauce work in the noodles? "Which noodle you talkin' about buddy? The noodle in your brain or the noodle on the moped?" Ah so .. I must get back to this drinking of wine and beer on my birthday. Sayanara.

Ah so .. I must get back to this drinking of wine and beer on my birthday. Sayanara

YOU SAD, SAD, MISERABLE FUCK

Your over 60 , it's your birthday, and your drinking and typing gobshite racist trash on the internet looking for an arguement.

What a sad , terrible , awful fate.

God thats fucking PITIFUL

doing that when you were 15? jeeze.

I Was 14 when i was making mix 18... 19... 20 times! a day!

kids are getting dummer and lazy every generation. what a world.

if you have a kit on it, get rid of the oil injection. it’s not designed to deliver enough oil for a larger displacement motor. if you have the stock top end on it, leave the injection. 08 tomos injection is awesome

Thats what dean says, and he works on the things at a moped shop, and he and Jerry are actually in agreement on the take it off thing

id go with taking it off.

yeah. im gonna do it after i break it in. id rather foul a plug than sieze again.

"kids are getting dummer and lazy every generation. what a world."

not really i just tore into an engine yesterday. stupid 4-stroke has valves and the piston was a pain to get off, the little circle clips didn't have little rings to squeeze together. had my dad do that part after i moved the piston, which sucked cuz now i have to do my valve timing, but now i know how to :P so no we r not getting dumber. but then again i like talking to people who know something so i am not really a kid cuz i mostly hang out with old farts :P

your reading into it. i was trying to say somthing about what Xmopedracer said to me.

believe me 100% sarcasm hence, i am a kid.

~SABAT!

"Hard to add? When I was fifteen I used to have to put gas and oil in my moped 2 or 3 times a day. At the gas station, after filling up. Never had a mixing problem. Never was to confused to measure. If a 15 year old can do it with all the pot I used to smoke then anyone should be able to accomplish such a simple task. I put ten thousand miles on that bike. And I never owned a gas can"