Trends

Supply & demand. These 70's mopeds are fetching some incredible prices these days and it's only going to get worse as fuel costs rise. Soon will be gone the days where you could pick up a barn fresh ped for a song, yer gonna have to dance for it too. I predict that by summers end, here in Boston, that you won't be able to touch anything (running or not) for under $500.

Re: Trends

yesterday some jerk bought the 1977 lazer top tank i wanted for $400. i was devastated.

If this is about anything I'm trying pick this up right now for $250:

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/710361652.html

It'll probably be the last one I can afford.

Yeah, but how long will it be before we start seeing the same peds for sale after the new owners can't get it running?

Of course the price is going to start where they bought it. Guess we'll have to wait ten years when thier wives tell them to get rid of that "great idea piece of crap" that's been taking up room in the garage.

Well, I got mine running.

i love trends....mopeds are the new track bikes...track bikes are the new rollerblades....rollerblades are the new hotness

i like it i should be able to sell my bike and make a lot of $ on it and that should give me enuf to kit the other one

true true

i typically flip a moby in sf for $650 running solid with new cables, sometimes chain, fluids, belt and hard wired lights and simplified wiring.

solid bike $650, if its puch $700 or $800 if its clean. add correctly installed and tuned aftermarket parts and the price skyrockets.

« Go to Topic — end of thread