some times you get lucky

sometimes you dont. cracking open a E50 is like cracking open a clam to see if you got a pearl. will you find a 3 shoe clutch,good bearings/crank,seals etc....

i opened this one up the other nite and this is what i found(pic) attached.

crank is no good by the looks of it. anyone salvage a crank like this?

1212805856_leo_vince4.jpg

Re: some times you get lucky

Ya me !, only mine was worse , cleaned it up and have been running it for 2000 miles no problem

geez, ill take the engines off your hands if you'd like though

Yes, you can salvage that. Im searching for a post where someone had one worse than that, and tested avaporust on it. It came out great, and I beleive he said a new bearing and it was perfect. I cant find the post though.

Here is what I did last month. I havent tried the crank yet, but it has a new bearing, and works great.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/485418/484928/

P.S. how do I make it link again?

wow! thanks for the link ,im gonna get some of that stuff

So, some of the e-50s came with a stock 3 shoe clutch? Or are you just saying some one might have upgraded prior to your purchasing it? I am about to rebuild my first e-50, and I want to do it proper, like brand new styles, if not better. I am willing to drop some cash on it, Obviously all new bearings seals gaskets rings etc. Is the perf clutch worth it? Mine acceleration is lacking, but I hear the one speeds are just kind of like that. After the rebuild I am getting a boss, or maybe a proma gp, haven't decided yet. I think the most I want to do to it is like a 60cc kit, a cheaper pipe, a nice air filter and obviously a proper jet.

i wonder if somebody tried a water based lube on there.

madtown some e50s come with 3 shoe clutch 1986 came with rollar bearings

« Go to Topic — end of thread