bad times

I just am starting to get around after being bed ridden for almost a year. I have no bike that is close to being able to ride i'm talking bent in the middle. if anyone out there has an old scooter that they are willing to donate to a real disabled veteran(I'll provide proof of veterans status and disability if needed. i know about some fakes and if i get a hold of one)it can be running or not. I lost everything when this illness sent me to the hospital. luckily i had family take me in and nurse me back to health. but even when i got to feeling a little better i was left with a bag of clothes i now have an apartment, furniture,t.v. computer. food in the pantry. and bit by bit i am coming back little by little I have a bus pass but with that a 20 minute doctors visit takes 2-3 hrs. those are ours i could be creating art. and going shopping on the bus stinks I am only 1 person so i just have a bag or two maybe 3. i could easily strap these to a scooter. but on the buss its a mad house you have to pile all of it in your lap wait for 80 stops till you get to wait 4 the next bus. it just stinks. things are starting to go my way my life aint so bad but a scooter would make it allot better. I have a little money and could probably borrow a few more. but a donated scoot would be great!!!

Re: bad times

well post up some more details

whats your name

where do you live

what branch

what unit

what illness

what hospital

if you want a scooter, goto a scooter site. here you'll need to pedal some.

my name is Robert i live in providence I have doctors in mass and the providence V.A.. I will provide all the information even let you talk to my doctors, but not on a forum list. I was hit with the nerve agent sarin back in1991 during desert storm. I have a long history of illnesses most are in regards to my digestive system. since sept I have had three hospitalizations and was released to my parents house were i spent the winter bed ridden ina 9x10 room. they are talking about putting me back in the hospital so i can re-learn how to eat like other ppl. right ow i live on ensures and maybe 1 piece of food mostly toast. I mean I told a lot right there so if you want any more info please show you have rightchous intent.

Personally i would like to say thank you for Serving our Country honorably and giving your blood sweat and tears for us and i hope things get better for you and that you are allowed soild foods back into your diet and out of the small room. And in regards to your wanting of a scooter or moped. It really depends on wat your looking to do. If you dont mind crusing at 25 and having to pedal a little to start it then join us here in moped land. But if your wanting to go around 40 with out serious mods that could jepordize the realablity of the bike then maybe a scooter is more your thing. Ether way Good luck hope you find wat your looking for.

Well thanks for caring the speed doesn't matter too much. I mean it would still givr me some more freedom to run to the store or whatever. and i think a small amount of peddlinh may help me to recover more quickly/

theres just alot of people who want free shit and make claims, gotta weed out the fakes.

How would someone live with themselves if they faked something like that? I would hook you up if I lived around there.

thanks for the thought anyway bro

Unfortunately I am 100% real on this here. Like i said I'll bring who ever wants to make a rightchous move to visit my doctors live and in person. I have nothing to hide. But of course I'm not gonna completely get into details on this post I am asking for alot but i also have some pride left.

Well I haven't had much of a response as of now. I just want to clarify that I am an ace mechanic, and I do have enough energy to work on it at my own speed and leisure. I do not expect some one to give me a new on or even a good one or even a whole one for that part. i mean if some one has wheel,I'll take it and try to barter my way up to a scooter/moped. even non-moped/scooter related things that i can use to start bartering. I love to barter anyway. I picked myself up out of bed before the doctor said o.k. while i was bedridden i had to give up everything because i live week to week. So there i was with nothing and I now have a nice, newly ,renovated studio apt.. i have a T.V. ,a new area rug, arm chairs, coffee table, bed, art supplies, computer, a/c and all the basic tools of living, except transportation. I can do a lot with very little. i still see my doctor 1x a week for blood tests and medicine levels and changes. but if some one where nice enough to start me out even if its just a good barter gift, I will have transportation . I will garuntee you I will use your gift as a stepping stone toward a running scooter/moped. and also i will be glad to provide full proof of my veterans status and will let you talk to my doctors. thank you for reading this and good will to everyone.

Rob

i got my head in the wind lookign for one if i come across one ill send the owner in your deriction

thanks bro

i dont think it would hurt any to disclose your unit. might help.

Come on man serving in the army is an extremely honorable thing to do, but coming back and going on the internet asking for handouts... good luck recovering and I hope someday you'll be able to earn yourself a moped.

Brother if you read some of my answers here you will see that i am willing to work to get on. A regular job is out because of my symptoms don't check in and out at the end of the day. And I am not asking for hand outs.PLEASE speak with me before making up scenarios in your head and posting without researching thoroughly. Are you having any trouble with your scoot. I would be more than glad to look at it. having trouble with any motorized piece of equipment I can take a look at it for you. PLEASE don't undermine my integrity in an open forum without first a)researching or b) talking with me

George Smith /

hey hellchance check this out..

http://providence.craigslist.org/bar/700470676.html

Worth a look...explain your situation to him and maybe you are set..

Re:bad times/not hand outs it was a bad post

I just want it known that I am just looking for a scoot or moped that someone forgot about it dont work and they need room. Lets say that would be wonderful and maybe his car needs a tune up bing bang. I may have worded the origanal wrongly. I a,m looking to get pointed in the correct direction. I love to barter , but my current situation leaves me with nothing to barter with. I pulled myself out of bed long before the doctor wanted me to, and I now live in an apartment i furnished it my self I even have a small tree and flower bed i raised from seed. I am an ace mechanic, i am willing to do minor jobs do to my health. when i got out of bed I proceeded to get all this. from homeless to this in a month. You don't do that off of hand outs. You may have to ask somebody if you could use something that they no longer use and giving them an explanation about why you need that something is only to be expected. so Please dont take it for granted that im just another bum looking for a hand out. i am willing to trade labor. but it has to be on my clock. i am a great Gardner. I work well with pets grooming clipping nails etc....i can change light fixtures switches outlets and breakers. I can paint(however i dont feel safe on a ladder right now. i can install door bells. i can vacuum wash flrs dust even clean windows. and plenty more. It just happens that I have to get around to things when my body lets me. I just took care of my grand daughter for 3 days and now i will be in the house and bed 99% of the next two days. But I can trade labor for now just for something that I can use to barter. Hope you all understand what I am saying. If you got something I need and you dont need it can we work something out. that sentence just made this whole thing make sense

thank you rob

181st eng co.(cse)

unfortunately not close to you and don't have a whole bike to donate either but if you end up finding one I would be willing to send spare parts you might need and i don't use, keep us updated I am sure there are more people who are willing to do the same.

good looks bro. i'll let you know what happens

if you are willing to give me a few parts i may be able to barter my way up. I've come a long way and most of it is bartering

where are you? maybe I could find you something, but I can't afford to ship...I wish you the best of luck! If there is anything I can do to help...here is a thought if you have a service like simon delivers in your area all you do is order online pay on line and they deliver to you. veterans rule, we would have nothing without you, God bless you! I pray for your recovery!

id totally hook you up but im like 100 miles from you

if you can get a ride up here il hook you up with a bike and it wont be pretty but it just might be running

For someone with so many health problems you don't have any business on a moped. First of all, mopeds are inherently dangerous because the general population of drivers do not see slow moving small vehicles. As specified by state DMV, moped riders must be extremely cautious as motorists fail to recognize mopeds as a motorized bicycle therefore the right of way is at the sole discretion of the driver.

You should consider an older small car for safety reasons. You should be able to obtain help from the D.A.V. in obtaining a vehicle. The Disabled American Veterans

Org. helps veterans obtain vehicles,and other items necessary thru the recovery process. If you just want to waste your valuable time instead of getting some REAL HELP then continue on this website soliciting for a donated moped. Whatever you do just remember "no one helps those that won't help themselves"

That occurred to me when I first saw this thread. Mopeds ARE dangerous. I was almost killed on one, and I have 30 years of motorcycle riding experience. I absolutely do not recommend a moped for transportation, unless you are totally into it, and know what you are doing. Even then it is not safe. Riding a moped in traffic with even a reasonable degree of safety requires a lot of skill, experience, and being completely aware of what is going on around you at all times. I gave my 16 year old daughter a moped, without sufficient consideration, and now after this Matt Tozer tragedy, I'm going to do my best to talk her out of riding it. Mopeds do not really have a place in todays society, except for hardcore fanatics. They are from another time, when things were very different. I hope you find a means of transportation, and I thank you for your military service, But I honestly don't believe a moped is what you need. Peace. Jerry.

isnt there a job service that helps out people with disabilities? i know theres one in mass. and what happens when the weather gets shitty? you gonna stud your tires? and how bout selling your computer and tv for a moped. sorry if i sound like a dick, i was always taught nothing come for free.

seriously dont let anyone get you down. if you are into mopeds, that's what you want, its what you need, its surging thru your blood.

honestly!

this guy has been thru war, he knows what is dangerous dont treat him like hes un-able.

i can relate man. i got in a very serious car accident on my 18th birthday. like fucked, fractured skull, brain hemoraging, leg broken 3 times. it didnt look good for me.

after i came close to death and pulled thru spent a month in a hospital bed, a week thru rehab.

i know what its like to get up again, learn how to walk all over again, and when i tried to do stuff again, get back into my senior year i can only be there for a hour or two before i was exhausted and had to go back to sleep.

but that didnt stop me, i got my Ratty MAGNUM MKII running Asap. and i refused to go back home being a run-away at the time. i was riding that thing with 2 crouches stuffed behind my back-pack, ducking and shit so i wouldint get caught up on trees. everyone thought i was out of my fucking mind, but that didnt stop me.

you got determination to ride again people will see it.

i dont have much. what do you think youll need to barter with?

keep it up~SABAT!

i can start with anything. anything is better than nothing and thats where im at godd looks bro

well 100 miles which way. I may be able to figure something out here. got friends all over thank you

Rob

well thanks for stating your peice. I have a very limited income and could noy afford a older vehicle well the gass would kill me. my doctor has cleared me to ride a scooter/moped. the dav has been great as far as giving me rides to the va. I recently began seeing health professionals outside the V.A. for personal reasons.

I am helping myself by working on my health everyday. Ihave offered sevices throughout this fourum. but I did say donate in the begining. But please read my other posts through out this thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account