Piaggio Typhoon Variators (Gear Box)

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. Today, my Piaggio Typhoon 50 (derestricted), has got itself stuck in high gear.

When reving or pulling away from a standstill, the revs do no rise as they should. Rather the poor thing gurgles it's way up to speed.

Reving the bike gently on the stand reveals an ugly noise from the gear box area, like a knocking.

Question: Is it likely to be easily fixed by a novice, or if not, is it going to cost me hundreds of pounds to fix.

Also, is riding the thing in it's current state likely to sieze or damage it further.

Thanks in Advance.

Paul

Re: Piaggio Typhoon Variators (Gear Box)

Got a pick?

or a pic...

I can take one of the scooter and upload it, but I haven't even been able to open the casing, as I can't find a small enough socket. (I have one, but it's only on a T handled screw driver, and not enough torgue to turn the gearbox casing nuts.

Looks like it will have to be nursed to the bike dealers tomorrow, and I'll get charged loads to have it fixed. I will also no doubt, have to deal with the usual.

"We have the parts on order, but they haven't come in yet. Call in tomorrow...."

"We have the parts on order, but they haven't come in yet. Call in tomorrow...."

and so on.

Oh well.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account