Moped original retail prices.

Somehow the Maxi luxe I just got came to me with like every original piece of paper it was sold with. The sales slip is from 1-3-80 (who buys a moped in wisconsin in january?) from the englehart center, a local power sports shop. The total after taxes and everything was 548.76. Maybe its just the fact that inflation is like exponential, but that seems like nothing for a heavy piece of well engineered machinery made in Austria. Were they all so cheap? Anyone who was alive and spending back then wanna tell me what 550 in 1980 dollars is worth today? Anyone else know what other bikes were selling for around then?

Re: Moped original retail prices.

According to a calculator for inflation $550 adjusted for inflation would be roughly $1551 of todays money. The same price for a new moped in 2008.

Yeah, accept a puch is way better quality than a qingi or what the fuck ever they sell these days.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I have the original sales slip for my '79 columbia Open Road with a price of $549.00

my cousin says his derbi cost just under $1000 in 1979

Wow, that was an expensive bike! Derbi's are supposed to be the shit though, right?

derbi's are worth every fucking penny

I'm getting a Derbi! Yeah, they're killer.

« Go to Topic — end of thread