my first wipeout

I lost control of the front wheel .I don't know how... it just started wobbling out of control. According to my friend Jenny, who was riding behind me, I did a couple summer salts with my bike.I knew I was crashing but I really only remember seeing the pavement then my wheel then then pavement again. I felt a pain in my hand but I thought I'd be fine, I had my helmet on....when I stood up my hand was gushing blood and the cut was pretty gnarly... enough that I could see the knuckle bone in my thumb. Thanks to Mike's superb paramedic skills he kept me calm and bandaged it for me. Jenny,one of my photographer friends drove me to Barnes Jewish and luckily had her camera which she documented the evening with. 1 Tetanus Shot,1 X-ray, 2 Percocet, 6 shots( fucking huge needle) of Lidocaine,an IV drip and a couple stitches later I had spent about 6 hours in the hospital and was discharged. My doctor, Nadr ,told my brother and I we reminded him of Flight of The Concords and then sang "Its Business Time". Barnes Jewish is just down the Street from The Grind which is the coffee house I work at, Nadr said he'd come into grab a cup of coffee this week. I told him I'd give him a free mocha if he'd give me a free hospital visit.He just laughed...that fucker...kidding. Anyway, this is just one of the pictures from the night I'm going to post the rest on the I.R.E Blog (www.mopedstl.com) if anyone want to check them out Jenny take great photographs.

Today I'm sore,but heavily medicated, bandaged, but not beaten.I didn't really get a chance to asses the damage of my ped. I thought I bent the fork but Mark,who was nice enough to haul my sorry ride home, seems to think its okay...even if it isn't I have 2 other forks so I guess no harm done to the ped that I know of so far.

I'm gonna have a wicked scar though so at least theres that.

1212703277_gnarled.jpg

Re: my first wipeout

blood and bones!

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

another loose speedometer cable out to take revenge? gotta watch out for those suckers...

heal up quick, man!

~marc

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

You forgot about the girl on the bike that you got to wear her helmet because you showed her your bloody hand. hahaha

Glad to hear your okay.

wait until you get that hospital bill... that's when the real pain sets in.

i gashed my knuckle open last year working on chains with a pair of pliers, it was nifty counting tendon strands, they made me wait 6 hours, put a single shot in, and three stitches all cost me 344.00 and i still can't bend it right... although it's almost worth it condsidering that was the night they had the mental case drunk guy in the solitary room screaming his head off about needing to take a crap... had to be there to appreciate.

damn. i have had my front wheel come off (not completely of course, with the exception of the second time which was least serious because i was trying to ride it out of a ditch) while riding three times, my speedometer cord is dangling, and i ride on bent forks, and no front brakes, and ive never had a serious wipeout. I guess God loves me alot or doesn't like you very much. I'm gonna have to take care of that speedometer cable after i get my bike to run again. You better make sure them lug nuts are tight and proper fit. The tomos nuts have some weird thread that is speciallly made for their lug(or axle) nuts and i was using a hardware store replacement which is why my wheel came off the third time.

DAAAMMMMNNNNN MAN Looks like a painful little gash to me. Hope there is no long term damage, kinda looks like your thumb got in between the end of the handle bar and the road. And Mr. Thumb didnt win that battle.

P S if it makes you feel any better I just blasted threw my big toe nail and all with a metal rod that attaches a 40lb mirror to a dressed . I'm stupid for moving that $hit bare foot!

KEEP IT CLEAN Rick

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Rick, come back to us. We miss you.

A bandaid would have worked just as well, and they only gave you two perks ? the cheap bastards , Just kidding bet it hurts huh ? I once sliced all the tendons in my left hand while carving some wood , now that hurt !

my first wipeout

that don't look so bad, get over here and get this v-1 together

wow, that sucks...but what is it that pilots say,

"any landing you walk away from" right?

curious, where you wearing gloves?

How's the bike?

are you still sundayin'?

Damn it all to hell!

Sorry to hear that dude, is your bike allright?

Now your the hardcore injured by mopeding guy!

Yeah, I think gloves are nice, yet hot, so what can you do...

they did give me a perscription to percocet so now I have 20 of them! whoo hoo

I haven't been to mark's yet to asses the damage. I thought the fork was bent but Mark said he thinks its alright.I'm gonna check it out here in the next day or so when I'm not sore all over.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE

Nice job! While I realize there are no prizes in this type of contest, think I got you beat. See attached!

booyah-

1212794494_peter_accident_6a.jpg

Couldn't get my fat ugly fivehead into the photo, but there's another 32 stitches over my left eye for a total of 66!

that's why i wear a full face.

« Go to Topic — end of thread