vespa ciao

I picked up a '76 vespa ciao yesterday at a garage sale and today I got the carb and tank all clean up. I took it out for a test ride and it started right up and ran alright. I rode it around as best I could with a crimped throttle cable. Here's the thing...the motor was making a smooth sound but there was also this very loud whining sound eminating somewhere from the front of the bike. It would increase and decrease with engine speed. It really sounded like it was coming from the front wheel, but i can't find anything obviously wrong. Could it be the belt drive..slipping or too tight?? Where else should I look? Thanks.

p.s. I'm also looking for some parts if anybody has any.

Re: vespa ciao

See Ya Moped Army /

Among other things, I would check the speedometer cable to see if it is properly lubricated. If the speedo cable is dry, it can make a hec of a lot of noise. I would also check your wheel bearings to see if they are intact and also properly greased and that the wheel is turning easily and not dragging.

Re: vespa ciao

www.vespasupershop.com has parts in San Diego. Phone Fabio at 619 574 1818. bruce

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account