Best way to start a 50v?

1978 motobecane 50v....Whats the best way to start it? while on it trying to pedal, or while it is up on the kickstand?

Re: Best way to start a 50v?

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

sit on it, hold your decomp, push off for about 3 feet. viola!

is that the little lever on the left? i thought that was a choke?

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

theres only one lever thats not a brake genius.

well....theres a shut off little lever on the opposite side genius

don't forget to let go of the decomp also...

If you hold that fawker down, you won't have compression... so basically you wanna hold it till it starts turning over, then let go :D

OR... just pedal it around until it starts (it's not NECESSARY to hold the decomp lever, it just makes it spin over easier)

word :D

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

not on mine. one lever. turns it on, turns it off. either way you sure arent going to start it with the shut off switch.lol! either way have fun on your moby brutha! they're the best!

Find a hill, get rolling, hit the Decomp and the choke. Let out the decomp once it's spinning, then when it starts let off the choke.

I start mine on the stand, use the decomp, the one on the right handlebar, pull it in if you have to give a bit of throttle and pedal away! be careful not to let the spinning rear wheel hit the ground for obvious reasons..if these reasons are not obvious pedal start it on its wheels. Best of luck and have fun! I never use the choke on my moby it seems to "upset" the carb causing stumbles etc, it starts and runs sweet with out it.

sarcastically calling someone a genius is productive!

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

its all in good fun. moby love.

If you can help it don't start it on the stand, it's not made for that, but if you have to see this

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account