Newbie!

All right, so im just getting into this who moped thing! Its Awesome but i have a concerns that i need some good advice on. I have a 78 50v, dont know much more than that. Every time i ride it, it throws what appears to be greese particles all over my clothes. I think its coming from the clutch, any ideas how to stop that? I also want to make it go a little faster, im 215lbs and it doesnt do much over 20 on flat ground, what is the cheapest way to get some more power?

Re: Newbie!

Tighten your exhaust. Mine did that for a while. Get a Delorto 15/15 carb and a full set of jets Does it have a variator? If it doesn't, that is your problem. There are two kind of 50Vs, variated (fast), and Dimoby (slow) I have that carb set up on mine, I weigh 210, and I've clocked it at 37. With the jets, it cost me around $150.

how do i know if it has a variator

Hmm I thought all 50Vs were variated, hence the V out as well.

You might be right Wiff. I am just repeating what I've learned. I swear I've seen a 50V Dimoby. I think it was made for the states. We should ask Peter in Grand Rapids. Willing to admit when I'm wrong.

BryAn eurism /

Check your belt cover frame, sometimes the screw lug gets knocked into the belt and shreds it up leaving those little black particles on your clothes

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account