MotoBecane Mobylette Ignition

Allan A. Groendyk /

I have a Motobecane Mobylette from the 1980's and it keeps stalling when it heats up. It then won't re-start until it cools down. The carburetor has been cleaned and I want to take a look at the points and condenser. I don't have a manual but I am assuming that the points and condenser are under the generator cover. When I remove the plastic generator cover I am faced with rotating metal cover that is held on with a bolt that will accept the square part of a 3/8 ratchet wrench. The problem is that I can't hold the rotating shaft tightly enough to remove the bolt that accepts the ratchet wrench. So I have a few questions,

Are the points and condenser under that rotating metal housing? How do I hold the crankshaft tightly enough remove the bolt to get under the metal housing? Does anyone know how to set the points and whether I can replace the condenser with currently commercially available parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: MotoBecane Mobylette Ignition

Just so everyone realizes, this is a double post. Please post all responses in <a href="https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/51509/51509/">the other thread</a>. Thank you.

simon

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account