CA Registration form 230, PUCH VIN info please

On the California DMV Motorized Bicycle application, what goes in the "ENGINE NUMBER" box? Is it ZA50 if its a ZA50 or is it something else? Also the VIN only 7 digits (seems short)? Thanks in advance.

Re: CA Registration form 230, PUCH VIN info please

remmeber that until 1980 VIN's were by no means an ISO standard, so you companies pretty much just made them up for whatever reason they wanted. Which is why your puch doesn't have the typical 17 chars.

I can't say for certain what engine number they're looking for.

I have to do this registration too! I think the engine number is the same as VIN number for this form. I know its nor clear but.....apparently it works.

I don't know if we have to send 17$ with this application..or its later.

Pablo Puchasso /

NO NO NO. Check your manual or the one on here if you don't have one. It's all explained.

ricbou, I do know you have to send it the check with the form. its kind of a gamble of course if they deny you.

The engine number part confusing because my friend's 78 puch registration has no engine number listed whereas my tomos (04) does. Problem is on the Form230 the is a box for 'ENGINE NUMBER'. don't know if i should leave it blank or go with za50

ZA50 isn't an engine number it's the type of engine the engine number on a ZA50 is located on the case if the engine is the original engine on the frame you have it should be the same number as the vin, if it's an engine from a different bike it will have a different number.

thanks, i just didn't know what they wanted in there so figured the engine type would be a possibility. anyway, thank Amber and everyone, they do match so i think i'm just going to repeat the 'vin' number in the 'engine number' box

no groms no blasters /

just leave it blank.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account