So popular Why?

Why is the magnum so popular. I have owned quite a few mopeds but they all got stolen. Long story! But I moved to florida and stumbled across a 80 mk2, I just wonder why these are so popular they are heavy as hell, kinda slow stock. I love this bike but would almost rather have a different ped.

Re: So popular Why?

its a fad.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I love my magnum. My favorite moped by far. My MKII does over 30 stock, without any mods, and I'm sure I could make it pretty fast without any performance parts. Plus it rides awesome. I can stand on the pedals and put my hands over my head and it's straight as an arrow.

Plus I think they're up there with the best looking top tanks. Magnums and those red Batavi...HS50s?

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Good looking bikes, fairly large, comfortable form, use Puch engines. I can see the attraction and I personally would not mind having one, but given the choice between a Magnum and something like, say, a Sachs G3 or a General 5 Star, I'd take one of the latter two.

Maitland Of the Loin /

its a big bike.

if i could get my hands on a sebring or a g3, id rock one of those just as hard.

the magnum is my least favorite of all mopeds id rather have a peugeot TSM derbi RD50 or a Batavus HS50

actually im not big into puchs anyways

cobras are way cooler than magnums.

Bigger, sturdier, fits big tires without cutting shit. Puch engine with unlimited parts available... I've had em all and I really love magnums.

I loved mine - bullet-proof, solid design, really turns heads. I wouldn't say they were slow either despite the extra weight. What you do get is a really comfortable and reliable ride. I had an e50 engine with the high torque head, but it still did close to 30...added on a proma circuit exhaust and rejetted, she hummed at close to 40. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that it's slow to accelerate (bear in mind I had the 1-speed engine).

Girls like you more because it makes them think of big dicks.

I love my magnum.

If you are into cafe racer styling, they are a great platform to start with.

E50 simplicity and part availability.

Plus its huge and can easily fit you and your girl on the back.

If you want to go fast, they are awesome as well. The larger frame makes it so much studier going 50+

I think I will keep my magnum then.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

super stable above 50. Yes heavy as shit, but thats kinds nice at speed. Plus they look kinda cool.

fuck a magnum, u trendy hipsters

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

fuck a maxi. super sketchy minature mopeds that everyone rides. NEVER!

elliot's favorite saying...

i didnt get a magnum to be trendy. i got a magnum because they are good bikes. they have big gas tanks, theyre solid, and you can get any part you want for them.

I got one cause it was 125 bucks in great condition and it was the first moped I had a chance to buy in Florida. I guess I got lucky.

Word

Jesse

Fuck you. I've had my Magnum for years. Just kidding. I'm not mean.

Magnums are super trendy now, but I've been into mopeds WAY before they were even sorta cool and don't care what people think. Trends come and go but I keep doing what I do. I've been in style twice in the past 32 years.

You did. They rock and you can make them sweet. Mine is going through a redesign right now. Check it.

i like my starflte, but i do appreciate the moddability of the magnum.

im mostly a top-tank guy, though.

PUCH made some amazing things, that still kick around today, the technology hasent gone that far, and its obvious tomos is still using generally a sililar design to the ZA50.

-GRIMECA SnowFlake Rims suck and have shitty non-existant breaks, and i cannot for the life of me figure out why.

+if you get the spoked rims and the more legit 40 mph speedo, good for you.

+My MKII had real hydrolic forks!

+those little back doors and compartments are great for stashing pot in, and make stellar custom tailights.

+theres the LTD MAGNUM, enough said.

+ BiG Fucking Gas tank somthing like a gallon andi a half,

+Obvoious two seater potential, i made footpegs on mine and went to prom check the photo.

-they are heavy, but as long as you got the two speed or mod your e50 (magnum Xk only) you are set.

- if you get one with bearings and cups you suck.

its a nice looking, big, german engineered vintage machine.

thats my opionion on the matter...~SABAT!

1212620310_photo_bunch_4_004.jpg

Yeah, I just got my first puch and I think its an amazingly engineered machine. I wouldn't pay the prices magnums are going for, and I have my eyes on a g3 right now, but they are rock solid. The one I just got seized up like 4 years ago, sat outside all that time, got sold to the local scooter repair store for the hour of labor dude put into to decide it was going to cost a shit ton of money to fix, got bought by me, got freed up and running in half a week with only a noisy bearing and some surface rust on the chrome that came off with scuffy pads and steel wool. Puch made a mean solid bike, I just can't see spending the 500-900 dollars I have seen them go for on anything besides like an almost new bike. If I could find one derilect and in need of some lovin, sure I'd rock it, but I think they are going to be popular for a long time.

no one says it better than elliot.

But one of these would be sooo... much better

i would do anything to get any monza, MS50 puch 4 speed bikes. they are fucking cool.

Oh man, a disk break monza is my dream bike.

But fuck magnums. Moby wtf.

toe fur threadkiller /

magnums are for dudes who wished they rode a motorcycle.

maxis are just plain silly-looking.

and they're called maxis.

maxis and magnums.

menstrual absorption pads and big condoms.

fuckin' milwaukee's beast.

it made me post this.

i'm going to bed.

mopeds are played out. doesnt matter if its french, top tank, magnum whatever. I'm on to the next thing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bwahahah

p.s. brian, that dude right there in the stripes kinda looks like you.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account