I'm thinking about lying about my age.

well ... not MY age...the age of my moped.

On that Woodward Dream Cruise ... (for those of you that don't know ... it is a large public road that all the old Hot Rod muscle cars get brought out to and cruise up and down the 8 lane strip... estimated crowd at 1 MILLION people line the route or participate ... (collectively I guess).

As many people as I have ever seen in one spot in my life.

Including the Indy 500 and a few other events I've been to.

I had 4 people ask me how old the PA50 was (in my very short ride) ... and they were visibly disappointed when I told them '78' .... so I was thinking I would make them happier and tell them 68.

(I think its my handmade exhaust pipe... that makes it look crude ... and older)

Am I wrong to want to make people happier ??

;^ )

Re: I'm thinking about lying about my age.

I think it is more important that you be honest. Do you think they would be any happier if you told them it was built almost a quarter of a century ago? If they don't appreciate a 24 year old machine, they probably would be disappointed regardless of the age.

Tell 'em it belonged to Elvis.

C'mon Fred... Just buy an older 'ped and take it to the cruise!

Seriously though, No point in lying to them. What if you got caught? If they don't like that it's a '78 ... F*ck 'em!

yeah fuck em

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account