Re: pa titles .. the easy way

black_twingle /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

To everyone reading this - Great! go give it a shot, and try to get a title for your ped.

Be careful buying a ped with no title just because you've got this nugget of information, though - there's a good chance it won't always work.

Titles in PA are a nightmare. The real secret is to find a notary that is either on your side, or who will at least tell you what you need to do to fix your paperwork.

I once went in with an open title to an AAA location, and the woman freaked. I had just bought the bike, and the open title law had just changed to make notarized, unsigned titles illegal. The lady in the AAA office gave me all kinds of crap about it, told me it could never be fixed, and that they'd have to petition Harrisburg for a new title (which would take six months). I thanked her, and got out of there.

As I was walking away, she called out "don't lose that title - someone could use it to register your bike in their name." WHAT THE MOTHER#*^# - that's what I was trying to do all along! Why can't I just do whatever they would do?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.