My new grande (pics)

My last post was a bit childish so here is a new one. I picked the ped up today. GUy wanted 400, I told him 200, and we decided on 300$ CAN :). It is in fair condition and I plan to use it for parts for my other '78 grande, as well as make it into a fully running moped. I got a crapload of extra parts with it too.

and just for fun:

Re: My new grande (pics)

sweet, are u gonna kit it?

be watching too many nikon adverts have you?

no actually :D I'm just like that lol, I could've taken a better pic by increasing the iso cause my hands are shakey but w/e.

As far as the moped goes, my '78 Grande I plan to restore to its original state, although it will still have the polini exhaust on it and the 13.13 dellorto. The '80 (this one) I plan to make into a cafe racer, so I might kit it or leave it 50cc. I read that vespa engines are some of the toughest engines out there so as long as I'm happy with the speed (which is around 57kph on my heavier grande) I don't think i'll need to kit it.

Nah man, kit it! I just put a 64 Malossi on mine, and with a cut crank, 13.13, filter, and Leo Vinci Im hitting above 45mph. I like those tomos turn signals on the back. Other than that, though, looks just like my '79...rockin!

steveintoronto /

Is that the one from up in Bolton? I had email correspondence with that guy and he said he wouldn't budge for less than $320. Nice bike though: really clean.

Nope, from Vaughn! I was so happy, guy lives like 5km away from me.

I paid US$250 for mine, btw, in non-running conditionand no rack, so I'd say you got a deal.

Yep, mine is 300$ CAN, lots of extra parts, extra engine head, extra engine casing, new belt, wheels in awesome condition, one brand new tire, the tires on it are MINT, the engine runs, it's all good :):)

Hey James, have you had problems with your pedals wobbling on the axis?

kim jensen /

Nice find, looks pretty darn good! Those rims are worth the price alone to some. (I prefer the spokes, but to each)

Wobbly pedal shaft = bad bushings or bent sheet metal frame around the bushings from it tipping over. Weakest point on the Vespa's. It tips and the pedals hit the ground and bend the crap out of the frame.

kbj

Yeah, unfortunately I have that problem on both my grandes! The '80 has much more wobble, but I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of it one way or another!

nuh uh, those rims are way better than the spokes, plus you can get it completely powdercoated. good deal!

jamesg, i'm about to kit my grande, 64cc malossi, variator, reed valve half case, performance belt, and 19mm phbg! if you're going 45, wonder what that'll mean for me.

« Go to Topic — end of thread