Getting around Seattle on a moped.

David Klementis /

I will be visiting your area for some classes between Jun 22nd and Jun 26th and am looking for advice on scooter transportation. I will be staying at the Seattle/Tacoma KOA located at 5801 South 212th Street, Kent, WA 98032. The classes are at McNeel and Associates located at 3670 Woodland Park Ave N., Seattle, WA 98103.

I've been on the web and found the bike route maps and have also searched Google maps for routes. My scooter is street legal and capable of cruising at 30MPH.

I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of the most direct route that is legal for me to ride it and that won't interfere with traffic. To commute to work I take mostly residential streets that are also bike routes and figure you guys probably have the same bike friendly setting.

The bike maps I found and printed help but they don't show the speed of the roads I might take. I would prefer not to get out on a 45+MPH road with a bike lane because I thought it would be a good road to take according to the map.

Thank you for your help!

David Klementis

davidklementis@gmail.com

Re: Getting around Seattle on a moped.

is this a scooter or a moped? either way, don't ride it in bike lanes. you'll get in trouble.

Rhino?

try this route.

west valley hwy isn't as bad as it may sound. the first part of airport way might be 40, but not for long. once you get up into georgetown it's a piece of cake.

and don't worry about hit short stretches of 40mph roads. drivers here are pretty easy going. shouldn't present much of a problem.

good luck.

maybe on sunday the 22nd, some of us could meet you down in georgetown and show you the rest of the way there, we dont really get down to kent much though

David Klementis /

Thank you for your help. I got some good directions from Joni at the Vespa Club and I think most of the responses are going that direction. I don't know when I will be getting into town on Sunday and how long it will take me to set up camp and get my family settled. That being the case, I would hat to make a commitment to meet you and not make it. I think it would be fun to get together with you guys though.

Dave

David Klementis /

Yes Rhino. I'm going for the advanced surface modeling class.

David Klementis /

Thank you, that does ease my mind.

David Klementis /

Thank you, I'll stay out of the bike lanes.

Hit the button at the top that says flat view. Then buy a moped, then get Ready to spend about two or three hours getting to north seattle from kent. If you do it though i can meet you in seatac or something to lead you there.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account