49cc notice instead of license plate,where to get?

Hi, I've noticed (I live in missouri), that some other mopeds or scooters have signs on them (where the license plate should be) saying "49cc, license plate not required" or something like that. I want one of those too so I won't ever have to get pulled over. Does anyone know where to get them?

I tried looking on ebay, contacted my dmv, etc., and couldn't find them. The dmv told me to contact my local highway patrol (but I've done that in the past, and they are soooooo slow). Anyone have any ideas???

Thanks in advance!

Re: 49cc notice instead of license plate,where to

Maybe try the Department of Licensing?

John Joedicke /

Isn't that the same a DMV

in missouri, yes. washington is weird. we have a dol and a dmv.

Edward Richardson /

These are most likely from a Missouri scooter dealer and whipped up at the local printer.

Print your own, put it in front of some paperboard (to make it stiff) and use packaging tape to seal it up (or laminate it), Then attach it on where a plate would go.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Hey Amodo,

You can ask at the Extreme Toy Store on Manchester Road. I know they give them out when you buy a 49cc scooter, but they might sell them too. That's the only place around here that I've seen making them.

Or you could definitely make your own pretty easily.

Oh, thanks bro! I appreciate it! If I can't make myself a nice one, then I'll just go to that extreme toy store and see if I can buy one off of them. That helps out a lot man, thanks:)

Ok, just called the extreme toy store and asked them if I could buy one from them. They said that they couldn't sell them since their plates had the company name on them. But that they didn't get theirs from the DMV, they simply printed them out. Sooo, it does look like these just have to be printed out.

The guy even suggested that I just make my own. So that's what I'm going to do. Does anyone have a link to a picture of one of these signs? If so, I'd love to see it so I can copy it and print it. If not, that's cool, I'll just have to a scooter dealer and maybe take a pic of one or something. Thanks for all the help though, I appreciate it!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account