first really ride on a minarelli

Two years ago September I bought my first moped. A junked out 1978 safari from e bay for $75. Last years was constant repair ,losing spark one a weekly bases and hunting down missing parts. After months on fighting gremlins the summer faded into fall and winter.

This summer seen the first real time this bike ran well since I owned it. Yesterday I rode a combined total of 40 miles . All thou I seems to be running a little learn. first 10- 15 feet it slow then takes off like a rocket(75cc kits). and a weird buzzing sound in a certain RPM range. Might be the front fender or the speedometer sending unit. With a fresh kit I haven't took it passed half throttle yet. Anyone have any insight about the buzzing sound( sheet metally kind of a buzz)

Thanks to the MA for saving a moped

Liz

Re: first really ride on a minarelli

If you have hit a lean spot where the kit isn't getting enough gas/oil you might hear your rings chattering, don't ride in that spot unless you want to seize. Just think of them being all dry and hot in there and skipping around like windshield wipers when it's not raining anymore.

Great. It probably is a lean spot. I can't wait to get my 80 V1 project going.

I guess a little tape on the air intake trick would work for now. until I get a few more jets

What carb are you running on it?

dello 15.15

and a size 76 or 78 jet

Is this safari a reed valve or a piston port? If it is a reed valve where did you get the cylinder? mine is a reed V on a safari

I'm not that lucky to find the really cool and rare stuff like a reed kits or a v1l or any of the wild minarelli motors

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Liz, I know you have put out some $$ on that project already, but I'd highly recommend getting a big ol' PHBG carb. I know other people on here will say an SHA is ok, but that's because they have sold their souls for soopah secret satanic joujou protection on their bikes ;)

I was running the same set-up with a 15:15. That kit did not last long. The intake port alone on those kits is 19mm. Upjetting alone doesn't seem to even out those lean spots (and you'll get them at higher RPMs). It's like the SHA carb cannot keep up with it.

Once you get it hooked up, we shall race! Tee Hee!! Glad to see your project is alive! Damn those perschnickety Minarellis!!

Hey A

Hmmm A kitted Snark with a chrome mamba exhaust vs. a kitted safari with a puch techo boss pipe. Could be interesting. This is the bike it is the bike I'm being the moped madness. Just have to go easy on it

« Go to Topic — end of thread