The Honda Trail/CT 90

I KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT A MOPED!!!

Now that thats done with, hear we go. I have yet to find a decent moped near Chicago. Someone has offered to sell me a Honda CT90. I'm worried that the 90cc engine will be too much. Has anyone had any experience with these?!?

Re: The Honda Trail/CT 90

The Scooter Guys /

A little faster and alot heavier. A joy to ride, very comfortable. Must reg as a motorcycle. If you need parts for a CT, I have a building full of them........

Actually the state of Illinios calls low power motorcylces "Motor Driven Cycles" and they are separate from full size cycles. But yes you do have to have a special permit.

BTW

By the way I heard they wiegh in at about 190lbs !

> Now that thats done with, hear we go. I have yet to find a

> decent moped near Chicago. Someone has offered to sell me a

> Honda CT90. I'm worried that the 90cc engine will be too

> much. Has anyone had any experience with these?!?

I've ridden a trail 90 a few times and really enjoyed it. They're heavier than a moped, but still not too bad. You have to shift them manually, unlike a moped, but it doesn't require using a clutch.

How much does they guy want? Around here in Washington people are getting $1000-$1600 for decent trail 90's. If you're lucky you can find a really beat up one for about $700. A lot of rednecks like them for poaching I guess. Or maybe just ridin' and shootin' in the woods.

Good luck.

InfectedBootSector /

Honda Trail bikes are awesome in my opinion. I learned to ride two wheelers on a Trail 50 when I was 6 years old, even before a bicycle.

They can fetch a heavy price, as there are no bikes like it being made anymore ( unless you count the Panda, which is a knockoff).

Awesome bikes, and worth the $. They are tough as nails.

I can get a bike w/ everthing working for $500.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account