Puch Techno Etoril Exhaust!?!?!?

Will a Techno Estoril exaust fit on a 78 puch maxi-luxe?!?!

thanks.

Re: Puch Techno Etoril Exhaust!?!?!?

it won't clear the pedals. you'll have to do some welding. great pipe, though.

what do you mean welding?...will it fit but just hit the pedal?..or will i have to like...do welding to make it find on the engine?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Shiiiiity pipe. Most overrated moped item I've ever bought.

It performs like crap, is heavy, the nasty ass coating melts off so it looks shitty, then it rusts. I had it mounted for exactly two weeks, and the header is rusting already. It’s not even winter!

Plus, for the price of an estoril I could get two tecno bosses…

thanks big guy...that kinda didn't answer my question one bit.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

ehh, I think you have to have the proper application for maximum awesomeness with the estoril. Like 50cc tccd is amazing with this pipe.

You won't need to weld anything, just bend out your pedal arm and you should be fine. Just get a breaker bar and some friends to hold the bike.

Before I was in agreement with mijunkin, but my opinion has since changed as I've unleashed the secret of the estoril (which does require some welding). I still agree they are over-rated. It sucked fat balls on my polini unless it was run SUPER lean, but still paled in comparison to other dreamy pipes.

If you are running all stock, it will be the same speed as a boss or whatever. If you get a bigger carb and intake, it will hit harder and do more.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Oh yeah, you need to bend your pedal arm out so that it'll clear. But if your foot is too far back on the pedal, it'll hit the silencer when you go around. Plus it'll feel funny when you pedal with one crankarm bent out a half an inch.

If you're awesome at welding, and want to cut it up to make it usable. Fine. But know that you can spend half as much for a better pipe.

well...i just ordered a 65cc metrakit...i was told that this pipe was that way to go allround...and so im hoping this might just give me that little extra boost.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

James, I had mine on a maxi-luxe from 78 actually. It fit after I drilled a different hole in the exhaust mount on the frame. But the pedals don't clear it, so you can't petal.

Sorry, didn't mean to give you my opinion when you didn't ask for it. But, now you have it anyways.

haha..thanks but i already ordered it...and the pedal won't be a problem because i only have one...and i just kick-start it and so the pedal won't come into play im assuming.

pretty much my bike is just jimmy-rigged.

i can't pedal anyways because i currently only have one pedal.

thanks though...you guys actually helped a bunch. i just wondered what i got into.

the estoril pipe is sick dude...

i have a 50+ polini/bing setup that runs an estoril, and the low to midrange is awesome.

i switched straight from the boss to the estoril, and i didn't notice any decrease in top speed at all. i think i even get a little more outta the top on that chromeless wonder, but that could be the rad acceleration talking. unless you go to a 4 petal setup to make up for the boss's lack of lower rpm power, the estoril is the way to go fer sure.

IMO, boss + 4 petal inake + new carb = way more $ than it's worth.

i don't care what anyone says, the estoril is the best pipe out there for 50-70 kits.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

On my stock hi-torque cylinder, with a 15mm bing and an opened up exhaust port, the estoril ran like shit. Less top end, less acceleration, less mid range. I put the boss back on and bam: good acceleration, great mid range, and awesome top end (for my setup anyways).

I'm thinking mild kits (65 metra or something) will fill this pipe out and make it live up to the hype. We'll see...

i love my estoril . the problem with estoril when the made the jig they were drunk so the mounting tab is welding on at the wrong angle. you need to make it straight or add a spacer.

get a magnum pedal crank and it'll clear.

and mijunkin, on a stock cylinder the estoril is shit, you need something bigger for it to bite on.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

That's what I thought Adam. But all I'd ever heard was how awesome it was, so I was sorely disappointed. I also heard it was shitty on a polini though..

well, i hope it works out well on my parmakit!

should be up and running this week methinks. i'll give my opinion at that point

I got mine on my 77 maxi with a 65 metrakit and it runs like a champ and my unbent pedals clear it fine except when going around it clips the silencer a bit but not enough to be a hindrance.

P.S. i did have to bend the exhaust with a tree a little bit to get it to line up perfect.

jeremy

I'm a little partail to the bi-turbo for 75 bones

the estoril is a great pipe for what it is. my only complaint is that the header diameter is too small. Its definitely smaller than the polini exhaust port.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account