Where do you guys ride?

Okay, i'm a new moped user. I just got a 1978 Puch maxi sport just the other day....and i have some questions/concerns....

So i just learned that its a huge no-no to ride on the sidewalks, even if you're going slow, and my Puch only tops out at about 28mph.

Where the hell am i supposed to ride it? The shoulder?

What do you guys do usually?

Re: Where do you guys ride?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Right lane. Occupy it with pride. But be prepared for people to be assholes to you. I try to keep an eye out for people riding real close behind me, and I will usually ride on the shoulder and wave them by. I'd rather do that than have them pull some stupid dangerous maneuver to get around me.

Thanks.

If you can cut through residential areas, that helps. There's less traffic (traffic is both dangerous and frustrating) and the speed limits are lower. Also, you also need to ask when to ride rather than just where. A lot of roads that I would never touch during the day are plenty empty at 8am Sunday morning or 11pm at night.

yea i uhh ride in my living room......

lol jk

yea i ride on the shoulder and on side streets wheres theres not alot of traffic

Ben Van Zoest /

Anywhere I damn please to ride, except the interstate.

I ride urrrrrrwhere

But yeah, right lane, watch out for boners swerving around you, and the boner behind THAT boner swerving around him, only to broadside you.

"Occupy it with pride"

mijunkin

That is great advice.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Well, I keep seeing idiots on scooters ride like 2 inches from the curb as if they're not meant to be on the road. Get in the game. Be proud that you don't get 19mpg in a two ton cage. You belong on the road, so act like it. When people ride like that it just makes people in cars think I'm not supposed to be on the road either. Which makes them angry and drives them to pull stupid shit to get around me, which could maim/kill me.

Those scooter people piss me off.

Zack Rineer /

right lane untill i hit the backroads..

on the side of the road in the middle on the wrong side sometimes on the sidewalk when nobodys looking

i also ride through the bike paths and offroad trails wherever i feel like riding

I ride on the road, in a lane, on the left side of that lane. If somebody's driving too close behind me and traffic isn't too bad, I'll move as far to the right as I feel comfortable and wave them past, but most of the time I just ride in the streets like a car. A sexy car.

left lane on 50 mph streets and the freeway.

I try to stay a little to the right of center because I only have one mirror, so I can see a bit better. But that didn't help me, last week a little old lady in a blue camery changed lanes without looking and since I can't accelerate out of the situation plus I don't want to get ran over I had to hit the sidewalk and I bit it pretty hard. To make things worse the oil line to my carb was craked and I didn't notice, so two days later I seized the engine on my arrow.

Ben Van Zoest /

One more reason to get old ladies off the road...

I ride a little more than ten miles to work and I have found that if you take a road with less traffic you might end up going a longe distance but cover that distance in less time, and put a 15mm bing and a bi-turbo on that and the traffic will be allot more tolerant of your presence

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Shit Chuck. You alright? Your bike fixable? Time to bring her to a fix it day...

Yea I'm allright but my arrow got effed up, bent the handlebars, headlight brackets and seized it so... When I get my parts I was going to get with you guys anyway since this will be my first rebuild.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Crap man. When you get the parts, come on by. You still get the e-mails so you know where we meet? We're not in the CWE anymore.

Oh, and check out our website It's only forums and a blog so far, but we're working on it.

zippadeedoodahdayornight /

I usually ride on my seat.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account