Moped walk of shame!

Ugh! 5 miles out my chain broke, I couldn't even pedal. I walked it down the sidewalk all the way home much to the delight of hollering onlookers. Yep, total stud muffin here! "why don't ya pedal it?" "ain't it got pedals?" "yer supposed to ride it'. Nothing like kicking a guy when they're down, Everybody gets their "Why'd you break your moped..." sooner or later.

Re: Moped walk of shame!

Can't really do much about a broken chain. Bitch to walk that far. I feel for you.

I had some fuel delivery problems that caused total shut down a few times on the road and was embaressing to say the least, but I've had more people ask me if I needed help than throw insults. Kind of surprised me.

And I live in MASS. They don't calll them MASSholes for no reason. I just can't figure out change of heart.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Zip tie = emergency chain link

Someone's got a pic on here somewhere that I've seen.

But that sucks man.

Did the master link fall off?

Timmy Southpark /

zip-tie chain link? hmmm i'll remember that

double up!!

This is why mopeds with a drive chain and and a secondary pedal chain are good.

Re: double up!!

shoot i can push my puch faster then i can pedal it.

i live by hills big ones its a pain to get out of here but if u r coming back u just roll no peddling or nothing its kinda nice cuz i have forgotten to fill my tank a few times

Hehe, yeah, I'll being a spare next time I ride.

Re: double up!!

Yeah, no kidding! Both Puch ans Sachs are a heart attack to move on pedals.

Moped walk of shame!

I wrecked a block from campus when a chick pulled out in front of me once. Of course the chick bailed as soon as she saw me go down. The worse part was the wreck snapped my handlebars in two, so I had to push my ped about a mile by the seat....

I think if my ped ever broke far from home I'd just lock it up good and come back with my car. This may be less practical if you live in a rural area.

I rode five miles, stopped at a gas station to put air in my tires. While I was filling the tires, gas started going up twenty cents to $3.98 for the first time, causing people to go nuts and line up to fill up before they changed the price. People of course had nothing better to do than yell out the window while waiting in traffic to get to the pump. I made some smartass remarks about gas prices, it seemed too easy. But then, when I went to add the exclamation point to my statements by riding away, i couldnt get it to start. So i was forced to walk it home as all those a-holes drove by my yelling, sometimes slowing down to get a longer insult in.

I just pushed my moped home for the first time the other night, luckily it was only a few blocks, I got a few honks and offered help and then one guy walking by throws out "thats a good way to save gas!"

That sucks. My pipe fell off in front of about 100 people in line for indiana jones. Most laughed, but one guy tried to help by picking it up. Lol i didn't let him though.

What I hate is it dying and you can pedal it, but a bunch of little kids on bicycles think it's such great fun that they can pass you on there bikes, so they do it over and over for the cheap thrill, laughing at you! hehehe. All I can say is try and laugh WITH them.

Make sure you put the master links final clip on in the proper direction like the Puch repair manual shows. The rear pedal sprocket can be changed to at least a 16 tooth sprocket in the rear to help get more speed when you pedal.

I broke down in front of a busy diner here in sf. my points and timing were all screwed up so I sat out front and worked on it. halfway through a woman came out and said "we're all rootin' for you in there." a half hour later I get it started and I look inside to see them all cheering and applauding. that's why san francisco is so amazing. I know it's not a walk of shame but i've had plenty of those in oakland where you _don't_ want to be walking it.

next time twist a piece of wire together, zip tie, twist tie, electrical wire, clotheshanger etc etc. it will eventually break but will get u there much faster.

we've all been there.

no groms no blasters /

How did you ride your moped from San Francisco to Oakland?

what really blows is when its 100 degrees out , and your moby just dies, with the chain on, and the goddamn pedal/freewheel thing is stuck, so you can push it, but only at like 1-2 mph, without it engaging the motor and stoppin you again.,

the only thing worse then pushing is walking your bike DOWNHILL while everyone think

"why doesnt that idiot just Coast?"

Ben Van Zoest /

I had a flat yesterday it was hot for a walk of shame, halve way a guy I know called me over we had a cold beer...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account