Allstate Compact

I was riding along today, and out of the corner of my eye, I see this Compact spying on me. I never saw it before, but it's near my house and in a storage area, fenced off. I _squeeeezed_ through the side of the fence, walked over and snapped a few shots of it. I never seen a compact before in person. Now my wife wants it.

~And this is how it looked if you had the best view of it, outside the fence....

From the road, all I could see was part of the headlight.

---_DeeZy_

Re: Allstate Compact

go ask the owner if he'd part with it for a story, 3 beers, and a small bag of weed.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

....Wait, your married?

Oh and I got to play on an old electronic bowling machiene at an arcade while at KZooBBQ, totally thought of you...

wow! Did it have balls or a puck? My King Bowler is a male.I wish ya had pics!!

Oh, and yes: been married almost 14 years, second wife. Good though.

I am totally into bowling machines, tell me more.

It had balls, looked a lot like that one.

Sadly I didn't have a camera or anything on me, or I would have documented it better.

Played one round, made me wonder just what makes the things tick, as it did some pretty random pin knocking from time to time.

Yep they got alot goin on inside. I had to rebuild about half of mine. If ya come over, I'll let ya peer into the back and watch the electromechanical clickety clicks goin' ta town!

Oh, and I'll let ya use my dimes to play too.

Pedals?

Problem?

The allstate compact is a scooter. It was made by Puch for Sears and rebadged along with a ton of other crap around the time, including the Allstate mopeds.

It's very close to a part of imported moped history, and he never said it was a moped anyways.

Geeze.. "Pedals?"...

I posted this cause it's a cousin to my Mo-Ped.... I don't care for scooters much myself, although I wouldn't mind having an old Vespa, which was ALSO sold through Sears at the time as an Allstate. My Puch is an Allstate Mo-Ped.... I seriously thin the term moped was coined in 1954 by Sears, and I got 2 of those too.

I think it would be sorta cool to have my wife riding that Compact along side my '58.......

I agree, the two going down the street together would be a beautiful sight. specially if you could make em the same color scheme...

I just got the foot shifting version and I LUVV IT SO MUCH!

its really fun to ride.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account