Brand new engine won't start

I just bought a brand new moped; Xingue XY0QT. When I try to start the engine it seizes. It does a half turn and then going BANG. The box it came in was covered in oil so I figured that the oil must have spilled out of it. I poured in a bit of oil and tried again but the same thing happened. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Brand new engine won't start

Steve Williams /

i have an idea,you've been shafted!

you get what you pay for.

never buy a moped if you cant even imagein how to pronouinciate it

Man, if google shows up zero results thats not a good sign. Apparently I'm not the only one who's never heard of it. If its brand new take it back, with a little luck it may have some form of warranty?

XY50QT thats a geely scooter with the 50cc 4 stroke

if its been on its side its probably gut oil in the cylinder and its not siezed its liquid locked

take the plug out and try kicking it over and clean the plug and try it again

A cheap Chinese scooter. I'm afraid you've been had. Peace. Jerry. BTW, it's not a moped if it doesn't have pedals, even though that's probably what they called it on the site you ordered it from. Like I said, you've been had. A decent quality 50cc scooter costs at least $2000, a really good moped ( Tomos Sprint ) costs $1000.

Another thing, you probably shouldn't run it with the oil thats in it anyway, put some good quality motor oil in it and try kicking it over with the spark plug removed to get any oil out. Then if it starts I'd change the oil again after 30min of it running or so.

What do you mean "with the spark plug removed?" I know absolutly nothing about scooters so please explain which component it is. Also, where is the oil supposed to be on the level-measuring-thingie?

fail.

Leon Swarmer /

This doesn't have a manual either? It will tell you where the oil level should be on the dipstick.

On a lawn mower the spark plug is that prominant thing at the front or side with a heavy fat back wire going to it.. on a Scoot it might be hidden under plastic covers.

if oil got into the cylinder it wont compress so it will feel like the engine is siezed so take the spark plug out and keep kicking it over to get any oil out of the cylinder

yeah deffinatly put good oil in it cause the oil that comes in those is shit its like syrup

if you dont know much about scooters and engines you really shouldnt own a chinese scooter they require more maintenance than a 40 year old jawa

i have owned 4 of them but only one i bought new and will never buy another new chinese scoot again

spark plug has big wire plug on it. pull the wire off spark plug. tool kit that came with bike should have spark pulg tool to take out plug. kick bike over to get oil out of cylnder. did you get a manual with bike? that will tell you what kind of oil and how much too put in. also were to put in.

Amherst Massachusetts explains this situation perfectly.

Ahh Geez! Did it come with a warranty? I'd see if you could get it sent back to the twisted realm from which it came. I don't care how cheaply made it is, a new engine ought to run. This has to have someone to answer to for its failure right. Don't even try to fix it if it has a warranty. I know you want to ride but this should not be your responsibility and if something serious goes wrong later on down the road then you'll be sorry because the warranty will be void. You have of course my deepest sympathy though. There it sits, shiny and new and you don't get to ride it. Truly we would consider this a scooter and not a moped and suggest buying a Tomos Moped,

Ah crap! My joke author name haws become default

Wow, 50plus, can I just say that you are blessed with an enlightened sense of patience.

Mike whose duck's on fire, you really have very little to lose here, so don't worry too much about trying to take it apart. If you give up and try to sell it, you're probably going to get almost the same amount for a non-running, assembled unpronounceable scooter as for a non-running scooter in pieces.

A screwdriver takes off most plastic, which will probably break anyway. For the rest, use wrenches if you have them, use pliers and workgloves if you don't, and if you have a hammer you should lend it to a friend or hide it or something.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Shit. If you try to take the plastic covers off, you will break them unless you know how to do it right (pulling at the right angles and such). No scooter shop will touch those things. See if you can return it right now. Even if you have to pay shipping, at least you'll get some money back that you can put toward a decent moped or scooter.

« Go to Topic — end of thread