vespa grande restrictor

I have a 79 grande and heard about the restrictor that limits the speed (I have the 25mph grande, but I did replace the carb and exhaust so it goes a little faster than that) can anyone post a pic of what needs to be exactly modified in order to get few more mph out of it? Thanks

Re: vespa grande restrictor

There are no restrictions other than the carburetor. Did you put a 13.13 in there? What kind of exhaust? Did you put a performance air filter on as well?

I put all that on there, I got the parts from zippy. I thought I read somewhere that there was some type of governor that you could grind off.

Yaryar, on the outer cone of the variator there's usually a brass band that limits the distance the cone can travel. I've ground it off of grandes before and it didn't seem to make a difference, though I guess it would if one were to make modifications raising the maximum power output of the engine, thus forcing the variator to close farther...

Hmm, heavier weights, perhaps??

Polini evo, go big or go home:)

J/k

Vespas are gloriously frustrating and lovely!!!

bon chance

Willie sprach

Yeah, forgot about that one...grind it and add a pit on both ends, or buy the Malossi or Polini variator. I put a the Malossi on mind and it added a couple mph top end.

Also some vespas are held at there speed by gearing but that is usually the 20mph one, maybe the 25 i forget, ericca from one of the gangs on here knows

and by gearing i don't mean the variator i mean the trans

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account