Taking the Baffle out of Muffler

I have a 2005 Tomos ST and Im looking for ways to customize it a little. My friend was telling me that if I took the baffle out of the exhaust it would sound different, and louder (which I want).

If I do take it out, will it have any negative effects on the moped? Anything like messing up the exhaust or just screwing up the engine?

THANKS!

Re: Taking the Baffle out of Muffler

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Why do you want it louder?

If its an a35, pull the baffle out, and it might go 1 MPH faster and be a decent amount louder. I'd be willing to be 85-95% of tomos owners remove it before getting their first biturbo.

buy a bullet or a biturbo that will make it louder and a lot fast u might hit 50

Basically I'm taking the approach that if it's louder it's safer, so that other vehicles can hear me. So I took it out this morning and it does sound a little louder and a lot different. But will it have any long term negative effects by doing this?

My dad came into the garage this morning as I was messing around and is convinced that by doing so, I'll screw it up.

do a plug chop with a brand new plug

to see how hot your running.

ok like that then...

1212331905_ouldpipessaveelvis.jpg

no its not bad for your engine u might have to re tune but other than that u should be fine and get ear plugs

Even without the baffle a tomos won't be horribly loud, but it'll be a little louder than stock. You may need to add a larger jet in the carburetor to make up for the extra flow.

If you keep your Tomos long enough sooner or later the small diameter tube ahead of the baffle tube will get restricted and create extreme power loss. You can see the tube by removing the baffle, and looking up inside. That tube needs to be kept clean .. and other Tomos stock people need to know about it.

Loud pipes don't save shit. The only people who hear a bike with the baffle removed better are the people already behind the rider. Think about it. All the exhaust, and all the sound is shooting straight backwards. If you think that people in front of you are going to hear you moped better because you took the baffle out, you're wrong.

thats bullshit people hear me coming when im riding just ask any of the boston guys

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account