Cagers trying to buy your ride?

BryAn eurism /

I haven't had it happen yet without a FOR SALE sign on my bike but I continue to think about what I would do, maybe like 5 or 6 yards & they gotta drop me home. Anybody getting any serious offers yet? Oh yeah last time gas went up I did have a guy wanted to trade me his Blazer for a bike.

Re: Cagers trying to buy your ride?

yes but I am parked and there like wow small engine what type o mpg do u get i tell them about 150 and i get all kinda offers but this bike is worth about 1k to me so i don't sell it

i wish i got offers, but theres like 100 mopeds around here so there not a secret or anything

fish_SHARK /

people always want to buy mopeds, $1000 bills

Mostly it's shady people who think they're being funny when they ask "How much can I buy it for?"

I always say "$5,000 and it's your's."

Nobody ever takes me up on it though.

--Scott

I have had people on my street ask if they could buy one. I offered one guy a running titled Puch for $400 and he didn't take me up on it so whatevs.

Ive had the same guy stop my twice. The first time he asked how much I wanted for it, and then second time he asked if had would reconsider if he upped the price. I am far to attach to part with my love.

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

an older guy chased me down once, wondering where he could get one if I didn't want to sell. the first thing he said was "i didn't know those things could do 40 mph!" (i was on my kitted Kromag)... i suggested him getting a new Tomos to avoid excessive maintenance.

~marc

yeah, I always get people on campus and at coffee shops and bars trying to buy bikes out from under me. I'm always like "find a busted one and fix it."

It happens to me all the time. I always tell them, "Go to PTown Scooters on 34th and Division, they have 'em brand new there." I'm hoping enough people will go there and get new Tomososososoos that maybe PTown will just give me another one for free.

whats a cager

Nobody wants my two wheel stuff, but many want my new Smart.

Fuck a smart! Lets make this amazing tiny vehicle but not make the motor super efficient! Great idea guys!

I just get the "very cools" the "Your a fag" the "How many mpg's?" and of course the "Hey bro let me ride dat real quick!"

If you have a smart, you gotta put a big motorcycle engine in there and make it faster than a Ferrari. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look on youtube.

My friend got offered 500 dollars on the spot for his moped, but he has about 650 into it right now. It is a magnum. This was the guy who worked at the gas station too, HAHA

i had a dude on a 60s bmw motorcycle offer me 1k for my b&w monza cause it matched the exact color scheme of his bike

No offers on my mopeds, most people are like "I wouldn't be caught dead on that thing". But I have recieved several offers for my Honda Metropolitan, including a few that were way more than I paid for it. Apparently Honda dealers are almost sold out of '08 Mets and Ruckus', several dealers are selling what they can get their hands on, and charging as much as $500 over MSRP, and they still sell every one they can get as fast as they can get it. I get the idea that very few people even know about mopeds. I went to the station this morning with a 5 gallon can to get gas to make premix for my mopeds, and for the first time paid over $4 a gallon. Peace. Jerry.

Yeah, its pretty annoying. around here it's always some popped collor douchebag that asks me about mine or guys that drive big ass suvs bigger than them. I dont really mind it but when im in a hurry i usally put the discussion in a nutshell and murk out.

Well I just bought a free spirit for $100, and i was thinking i could maybe sell it for like $250, but it turns out i can probably sell it for $500 to any of my neighbors.

Several months ago I was going through a drug store parking lot just a few blocks from home. Some dude stopped me and started asking questions about one of my Pacers. I told him I'd purchased two of them for $350.00 for the pair on CL. He asked if I wanted to sell one, I said no. A couple weeks later he stopped me on East Broadway, reached in his pocket and pulled out a knot of bills and peeled off 5 one hundred dollar bills and waved them in my face - fuck it was tempting, I'd been in a full leg cast for 3 months, depressed and wishing I had some burn. I declined but he gave me his card anyway.

I don't think I made a mistake, especially since both bikes had less than 350 original miles on them.

for me the rednecks in the 80's party jeeps and trucks with the huge mud whompin tires are the ones that love them, even had a couple of offers from them. its the mustang/camaro driving ones that give me the "hey fagot!" 's and have a tendency to drive really close behind me and just lay on their horns. i do love the south.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Yesterday at the St. Louis fix it day we must have had 8 different people ask if we were selling our peds...

every once in a while some one will ask but usually it's like "mpg?" "how much did that cost?" "where can I get one?"

Then the other night I rode out to e-block on hennipen and had two guys try to buy it.

"is dat a motorbike? can I buy it from ya?"

Then I got part of the throw a kit on it song stuck in my head.

"is dat a scooter

no

can I buy it from ya?

no

I don't care about your doe you can't buy it from me joe"

***Kim Jong illest*** /

DO A WHEELIE!

Yea i live in Orange County where there are alot of Vietnamese people. Whenever i pass by them, they always smile and wonder where i got it too. Kinda getting wary though. The more I ride, the more people see and want one around here. And in turn, makes all the other mopeds available for sale that much harder to source. Meh! BaH! Grrrr!

I had a guy offer to trafe me his S10 not a bad little truck

I have this fantasy of being a perfect smartass...

EXT: NATE PULLS UP AT A RED LIGHT NEXT TO AN H3 WITH TWO TOTAL HAIR GELS LISTENING TO THEIR SPRING BREAK MIX CD...

HAIR GEL: (sarcastically)Hey Brah, sweet bike...

ME: Back atcha. What kinda mileage you get in that thing?

HAIR GEL: (clearly peeved) What kinda pussy you get on that thing?

ME: All you can eat dude... (rides away)

THE END.

seriously though, i get offers all the time from jerks who try to play like they'd be doing me a favor by giving me 50-100 bucks for it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account