planing a trip to Frisco,TX on moped

I need some help on directions I live in Cowpens,SC 29330 And going to Frisco,TX.

planing a trip to Frisco,TX on moped

Go West, young man.

Seriously, what are you planning here? I don't even think you'll be legal in all of the states that you drive through. Take Greyhound instead.

Re: planing a trip to Frisco,TX on moped

To tell you the truth I going to Ozzfest My parentstold me that go to be the only way.

I have my moped license here and the dmv told me that if I a resident of SC that it does not matter about the age limit in other states in the us

Frisco = north dallas. One of the most moped unfriendly places in a moped unfriendly state. Not a good plan.

BryAn eurism /

Is Ozzfest supposed to be free this year? But srsly I never considered all the advantages of mopeding to a concert. Go right up backstage if you want, and no drunken parking lot arguments where somebody loses or breaks the keys. Lane splitting all the way out of the lot, plus nobody hitting you up for rides home

Logistically you'll be riding 2 or 3 days each way to see a 1-day show & young people on the road outside a hotel or bus station have a knack for ending up on Nancy Grace

No ozzfest is not free this year. plus the only reason I need to go that far is that the only ozzfest this year.

I was thanking about 6 or 7 but 2 or 3 would be nice.

I want to meet the parents who say - 'the only way you're traveling across country is by yourself on an unreliable 30 year old moped!' Wow. It's a bigger undertaking than it may first appear. Think it through and weigh the costs & risks.

Hey I live in Little Elm Tx (border of Frisco) . I can cross the street and Im in Frisco. I can vouch for the moped unfriendly state thing kinda sorta . It's not that the people are unfriendly it's just that they won't hear you or see you to help you up after they hit you with their SUV or Pickups. No Kidding . They drive too dang fast and excersize absolutely zero common sense and there aren't any shoulders on the roads , just a 6 foot ditch for the drains on both side . Weird, cop pulls someone over HA, Try Middle of the road - stops traffic in that direction till he's done writing the ticket , no kidding , I couldn't believe it . I keep all my riding with the neighbors and such along the side or farm roads - lots of those. But trying to travel through my area - good luck . Down south Austin , is pretty friendly , Maybe Houston , But I pack an automatic when I'm down there and wouldn't advise being on a ped by yourself.

I just read the profile , 14 Wow , are you nuts ? You WILL get hurt bigtime . They don't even ride motorcycles around here that much - waaaay too busy streets ( Dallas is bad but doable) . the speed limit is normally 45-70 passing by the residential areas 30-35 inside the neighborhood. Don't want to burst your bubble but.... Hmmm....straight down maybe 75 to 380 is the direct way .I work as a field service engineer I cover/drive all over northern Tx to Dallas ,Oklahoma , piece of Kansas and a piece of Arkansas. I imagine if you GPS your way around the country roads it's possible but it would take you weeks . Then the 102 degree heat will blister your paint and dry out your tires this time of year. It's common to replace all rubber under the hood on a routine basis here . It gets that hot .My wife's plastic flower pots melted to the concrete driveway last year . Like they already said ,rethink it through carefully , but if you do it let me know ahead of time if ya need a hand . Cheers

not to mention all of the though and work that is needed to plan and execute a long distance trip such as packing clothes, food, extra parts and tires, tools, gas, etc. I would suggest buying a bus ticket

gear really high so high that u have to run along side it till u get to like 10 mph then go 50 all day long

thank everybody!

then what happens when you get to a hill

i say go for it ride it aint no fun in taking a bus

your 14 and want to travel half way across the country... thats just dumb and your parents are even more dumb for letting you.

if you do make it to the concert without being hit by a car, kidnapped rapped or killed, you'll probably have a great time and probably get with some chicks and do whatever the hell you want though.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account