Re: You are all wrong

***Kim Jong illest*** /

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Re: You are all wrong

MAdtown is right actually (also from austrian source), but our feeble english orientated minds can't really make it sound right, so just say pook

Listen to spoken words

Re: Listen to spoken words

Of course the umlauted U has an english equivalent. The umlaut just changes the pronunciation of the vowel it's sitting on from a back vowel to a more foward vowel, like a as in ah to ae as in fell, or o as in open to oe as in put. Or u as in took to ue as in soon.

You are very wrong about the umlauted 'u' and the umlauted 'a' as well. Where/when/from whom did you learn German?

I'm 51 & clueless. Can we just draw a truce and say it rhymes with "fuck"? Seriously (almost), I think it is a long "u" sound with the 'ch' as a hard "k". But I have never in my lifetime seen so much debate on the pronunciation of a four-letter word.

I heard something in a German adult movie once that had vowel sounds no one's ever heard.

Re: How do you pronounce Puch?

I am from germany originally and how we say it around the frankfurt area is something like this: poo (ch) the ch needs to sound like you are about to hock a lugi, or better yet like the scottish would say "loch". however in germany dialects vary and generally the further south the thicker the dialect, austria definetly has a very thick dialect, so i would not be surprised if it sounds something like poohk down there. as for the umlaut U, its hard to explain. its kinda like u and e put together. but as for the regular U, it sounds exactly like the U used in "dude". hope that helps a bit.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

***Kim Jong illest*** /

omg andy, that is out of hand. lol

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account