How do you pronounce Puch?

I just bought one and realized I don't know what its officially called. does it rhyme with dutch, douche, kook, book, mooch, luck, or some other one?

Re: How do you pronounce Puch?

officially? Rhymes like hockey object.

everyone in new england sayc POOK

nah its puke

yeah after today its that too....lol

yeah bing carbs puke gas out everywhere

Yeah, I like how you know its primed when it runs gas all over itself.

on a usa moped ad produced by puch describing how to say it they say its pronounced like book but pook.

add some austrian/german rasp at the end and u got it puc(k)h

not pooch

It's either "Pook" like "book" or "Pook" like "spook." The old add says it rhymes with book, but plenty of people say it rhymes with spook. Just do what I do and wait until someone else says and say it however they say it. Problem solved.

rook?

Oops .. the old ad

yes, pronounced like rook or book, with the ch in the back of the throat.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

its pronounced WHY YOU WHORE, WHY!

I own one, so I'm entitled to my opinion. It's pronounced just like spook without the s. Peace. Jerry.

It's like poop but with a hard k as in kook.

How do you pronounce Puch?

"This was just discussed three days ago.":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/511777/511777/

just tonight some dude came up to me on the street and said "oh man you got an olllld pooch!"

You are all wrong

sorry guys. you are all wrong. i was hanging out with some austrians a few weeks ago. straight from the home land. i thought it was pook! they corrected me and said it was pronounced pooshka with very little emphasis on the a. i have heard this from another old man who was born in austrai since then.

Re: You are all wrong

Well, I think its one of those things where like if you asked Brett Favres ancestors back in Hicklandia, they would FahVrai but now since Americans got ahold of it and butchered it now its FARv.

In New England I always heard "pook" but if Aussie man says pooshk(a) then I believe him.

It's actually not Brett Favr

ok it won't post an e' (ai) or the combined letter oe so they are missing. teach me to be a dork. =)

my family is from europe and are told to pronounce it pock as in chicken pocks.

In German...

The P is like PIG

The U is like the ou in YOU

The CH is like the CH in a Scottish LOCH

P-EW-K Does this make sense?

jill is correct

I used to date a girl from Versailles. I live up near Hannibal.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

geez. like porche. is it pour-sh or pour-sha.

Jill is incorrect. The U in german, unless it is umlauted, is pronounced like the oo vowel sound in book or foot. If it's umlauted it's pronounced like the ou in you or the oo in spook. Other than that, she is correct, the ch is similar to a scottish ch. Back of the throat, unvoiced kind of sound.

Dude, the umlauted u has no english equivalent. At all. I think these threads are ridiculous, because no matter how you say it, any other moped person is going to know what you're talking about.

(How to pick a fight on mopedarmy.com)

I always pronounce it "Dude, why didn't you get a Tomos?"

I always thought the word 'Aussie' referred to someone from AUSTRALIA!? did I miss something?