tools question

First of all .... Merry Christmas! Happy Hannukah! etc, etc, etc.....

Now, my parents got me some tools for Christmas, but I'm not sure about the spark plug socket. I don't have my moped here at my parents, so I'm wondering if anyone out there knows the right size for a spark plug socket for a standard Minarelli engine moped.

Also, I was wondering if a pair of robo grips would serve just as well as an adjustable crescent wrench. Any ideas would be great to know.

Thanks! And I hope everyone is having a very wonderful holiday season!

Re: tools question

yeah i think the spark plug size is 13/16 but im not sure. thats what my tomos is but i could be wrong for u.

merry christmas

-mike

Robo Grips are great tools. However, nothing can ever replace the proper tool. If you attempt to use robo grips on a very tight nut, you can end up stripping it. (You can do this with a crescent wrench as well if its a cheap wrench and a tight nut.) While Robo Grips will probably work in most cases, you really should use the proper tool for the job.

--Nick

There are 3 standard sizes for sparkplugs, the A, B and C sizes. So if there's a sparkplug socket with those tools then it's a standard one. Most vehicels use the B-size, cars, most mopeds, most heavier vehicles too, so most toolboxes have the B-size plugsocket. The c-sparkplug is smaller, Honda uses this size for it's 4-stroke mopeds, I haven't seen them on any other brand of moped so far. The A-sparkplug is a lot bigger and is hardly ever used, maybe some supersized trucks have them.

I ride a Honda SS50, wich is a fourstroke moped, and I had a really hard time finding a c-sized sparkplug-socket, I think it's a safe bet to say the socket in your toolbox will fit perfectly.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account