'84 tomos no power

chuck-Ohio /

moped runs ok on level road but can't make it up a whimpy hill with out pedal assist. I can applay full power an hold it back with my feet on the ground. Is it a bad clutch or just a old tired moped?

Re: '84 tomos no power

is it stock? have you checked the standard stuff (plug, carb jet, is your exhaust pipe clogged up...) yet?

chuck-Ohio /

how do I check the exhaust pipe?

chuck russo va /

hey, clean your carb, clean your air filter, put a new spark plug in it, take off your piston adn cylinder and clean the exhuast port on your cylinder, remove the carbon off the top off the piston with a emory cloth, and scrape the carbon out off the head,

then remove the carbon from your exhuast, to do this u can build a fire and get real hot coals and let it sit in there and then pull it out every few min to make sure its not melting or anyhting

goto resources, articlas, freds guid on how to fix your moped. then goto the part about cleaning your exhuast.

also check and clean your points, they might be mis adjusted

chuck-Ohio /

THANKS,Faust and Chuck for the info,

Kevin Harrell /

Uh Oh! My 91 Tomos TT with the A35 engine does the same thing. I have decarbonized the engine and exhaust as well as cleening the exhaust. But I can hold mine back with my feet at full throdle too. Not too good on hills, and I have had to pedal one or two.

What other sugestions are out there????

chuck russo va /

u might need some new rings

take off your cylinder and take it to your moped shop and bring your piston adn ahve them measure it to make sure its still in spec, (this should be free, it is at mine) if its not over bore it and buy a new piston

if its fine and the piston is in good shape get some new rings

my 2001 tomos sprint does the same thing. I have done everything. It's pissing me off, i can't ride it around because it so pointless with no power.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account