4 strokeing ??

I am new to the moped. What is ment by a 2 stroke motor 4 stroking ?

It is a term I have never heard before.

Re: 4 strokeing ??

Tom... click on the "search" feature..... type in ...(( 4 stroking ))... and increase the search scope to 60 days... then read what has already been written

Thank you Fred. The red writeing in the gray strip doesn't show up to the old mans eyes, I didn't see the search feature.

4 stroking seams to be a lot of guessing, but no facts.

I just found this site, It is very good.

I feel I know a lot about motors... but I'll tell you.. when somebody asked that here.. I started to answer.. but I couldn't.

I know it happens when there is too much fuel to the air (it's rich).. but a scientific explanation as to why it is firing every other stroke (or more?) when there is too much fuel escapes me...luckily you can get rid of 4 stroking at the top end by leaning out the fuel to air ratio by putting in a smaller jet..even if you don't know why it is happening.

Thanks alot Fred. I have been a mechanic for about 55 years, but mostly Heavy eqp. The Detroit Diesel is the only 2 cycle with much exp. I am about get a new education. That is what life is all about. I will put in a smaller jet. thanks.

Re: 4 stroking ??

A clogged muffler or silencer on the exhaust can also cause something similar to 4 stroking.

And no matter what.. always watch the spark plug color when making changes to airflow or fuel flow.. too lean can lead to seizure.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account