whats this part called? vespa grande

Steven Whitright /

Okay so when we were switching frames on my 79 Vespa Piaggio Grande we stripped the threads on the shaft where the frame attaches to the front steering/handlebars/tire/etc.

I have no clue what to call the part. The forks are fine. the handlebars are fine. I just need to replace the stem where the threads are where the frame (with loose bearings on it) attaches to the front column.

First off - what is this part called? Anyone know? Second - where can I get a replacement? Does anyone have one they can sell me? Thanks so much! The bike is literally ready to be put back together and this snag stops the whole process :( its my first one and I am super excited! THANKS!

P.S. the picture isn't mine, I don't have my camera with me, and it was the best illustration of the part that i could find online. The piece in question is the circled part - and the center big stem is what we screwed up.


Re: whats this part called? vespa grande

lower triple tree

Re: whats this part called? vespa grande

Vimy Ridgeway /

Zippymopeds.com. Bill is a great guy and a wealth of helpful information.

Re: whats this part called? vespa grande

Edward Richardson /

Ze part is usually refered to as ze "Stem" which iz inzerted into ze "Head Tube".

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account